PDA

View Full Version : Free Lscript "CreateGroup", please test!

Svenart
12-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Hello everybody,

This script was written to help to organize your models in the sceneeditor. If you are working with very much objects, you can put them into "groups" with this script (+ a few more options). This can make your navigation in the sceneeditor more fast and comfortable.

Thanks to 3dworks who suggested me to do this.

You can download the script for free here:
http://svenart.de/plugins/creategroup.zip

Please let me know if you have any problems using the script, suggestions or ideas to improve, or If you have found any spelling errors in the scriptmenue or the readme.

Hope you will find it useful :thumbsup:

Matt
12-04-2008, 10:03 PM
You know what, you just created something I needed the other day (and will need again!)

THANK YOU!

Although there are Create / Select Group commands in Layout already, they don't allow you to put the group NULL in the centre of the objects bounding box. And having the ability to change the colour and display type is very handy indeed!

I have some requests though:

Rather than two options for which axis to centre the NULL on, could you do it as shown in the mockup?

Could you have the option to change the display SubD level?

The LW Create Group has the option to parent to something else in the scene, that might be handy to have too.

Can we have Textured Shaded Solid Wireframe in the display options too?

See attached mockup to see what I mean.

Thanks again!

Matt

Jure
12-07-2008, 07:08 AM
Great plug! Thank you!

3dworks
12-07-2008, 09:20 AM
sven, thank you so much for making a wish become reality ;)

Limbus
12-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Very cool. Thx.

Florian

realtime
12-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Thank you, I'll be testing and using this alot.

GregMalick
12-09-2008, 11:10 AM
Hey Matt,

What are the plus+ and minus- supposed to do? :question:

Matt
12-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Hey Matt,

What are the plus+ and minus- supposed to do? :question:

Go to near / far (for Z) top / bottom (for Y) left / right (for X) of the bounding box.

Svenart
12-09-2008, 12:08 PM
thank you all very much for your feedback.

@ Matt: Thank you for your great suggestions. I have now updated the script and added some of the features. Unfortunatly, I could not add the "textured shaded solid wireframe". That seems not to work in lscript. But I will add some better center options maybr soon.

You can download the new version here: http://svenart.de/plugins/creategroup.zip

If you have any ideas, critic or suggestions to improve this, just let me know.

arsad
12-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Thx very much Svenart, vielen Dank!

zapper1998
12-09-2008, 03:19 PM
Totally awesome.. Again

Thank You

coremi
12-10-2008, 01:31 AM
can you edit the group after it has been created ?
thanx a lot, it is very handful.

Matt
12-10-2008, 04:31 AM
Cool, great update Svenart. One question, the parent to popup menu, is that for objects only?

I imagined being able to parent to anything, not just objects (unless there's a technical reason why this isn't possible).

Also, a little Lscript chat here, are there commands in Layout like there are in Modeler for finding the bounding box / extents of a bounding box?

Svenart
12-10-2008, 02:53 PM
@ coremi: After I have finished this script, I will make and EditGroup Script, maybe too.

@ Matt: I have changed the script so you can now parent the group to everything, not only objects. Im not sure if boundingbox is working in Layout, but at least you could cycle all points and find highest/lowest x/y/z. I did this too, in this script, but only with pivots.

here the link: http://svenart.de/plugins/creategroup.zip

coremi
12-11-2008, 01:34 AM
thanx a lot.

adhesiveX
12-11-2008, 05:07 AM
Thank you Svenart.:thumbsup: