PDA

View Full Version : lightdesign

nietzwaar
12-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Hello,
I am searching for a simple way to attach some lightproperties to my (lighting-)objects. I am a lightdesigner and sometimes i have up to a 100 lights in a show. I've been trying luxigons, but this doesn't seem to work out fine; I see nothing happening...
is there another way?

thanks,
greetings nietzwaar

adamredwoods
12-04-2008, 05:50 PM
Just offhand, you could try to setup lights in an empty scene, parent them all to a null, then use the "Load from Scene" tool.

nietzwaar
12-05-2008, 03:25 AM
Yeah but I just want to have the object to have lighting properties, so when I move the light in modeler his lighting properties should go along, also when I tilt or pan the lights. I put in a rendered object as att. for example.
In this case I just want the grey area's to give light

thnx

gr NZ

Lewis
12-05-2008, 04:05 AM
Did you convert Luxigons to Lights in Layout after loading object ??

nietzwaar
12-05-2008, 07:58 AM
do you mean as if i reloaded the fil? ; NO,
i just synchronised between modeler and layout and then converted.
nothing happened.
i'll try reloading,

let u know.

Lewis
12-05-2008, 08:05 AM
what type of lights you expect to get ??? So far when i was converting luxigons i got them pretty fine in layout after converting them to lights.

biliousfrog
12-05-2008, 10:02 AM
do you mean as if i reloaded the fil? ; NO,
i just synchronised between modeler and layout and then converted.
nothing happened.
i'll try reloading,

let u know.

Just to be clear, are you converting the luxigons into lights within Layout?

I'm sorry if I'm stating the obvious but syncronising layout and modeler when converting polys to luxigons won't do anything. You must convert the luxigons into lights within Layout.

Sorry if that's what you're doing, I just wanted to make sure that we're all on the same page.

nietzwaar
12-05-2008, 02:30 PM
Ok now i have really 'loaded;' the object according to the former methods and this is working, I see 4 spotlights coming up, and I can also change there properties. This is working, but is the conclusion like : NOT synchronising, only do a direct (from layout) load?
Any way it's workin' thanks,

greetins nietzwaar

nietzwaar
12-05-2008, 03:11 PM
result:.....

except that I cannot see the cloned lights in the scene editor panel under items-tab .?!...... I see them in channels though but when I want to select them all I have to do that through the viewport adding shift-key.

gr nietzwaar...