Douglas Shrock - Shrox
Demo reel online at http://www.vimeo.com/1862347
Shrox
707-601-2059
[email protected]
online at www.shrox.com

QUALIFICATIONS
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Sega, Maxis/EA, NASA, Texas-A&M Corpus Christi Advanced Sciences Development recent notable employers

-Proven expertise in 3D animation and modeling, graphic design, innovative marketing, identifying problems and finding solutions, and the ability to manage working teams. Has an excellent grasp of 3D geometry.

-Thoroughly familiar with the design, creation, and implementation of graphics in video games, television and movies, which require in-depth knowledge of advanced computer animation skills. Also experienced in graphic design and marketing on local and national levels.

-Well experienced in areas of planning and setting objectives, asset management, and assessing skill and abilities of employees and assigning job duties accordingly.

YES! I am experienced in low polygon modeling
YES! I am experienced in high polygon modeling
YES! I am experienced in high-rez and low-rez mapping
YES! I am experienced in creating appropriately detailed mapping textures
YES! I am experienced in cinematography and lighting
YES! I am experienced in character animation
YES: I am experienced in creating for consoles, PC's and internet play

ART & COMPUTER ANIMATION EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contract Artist and Designer, Precision Intermedia - Fortuna, CA July 2007-Present

Working with branding and advertising agency Precision Intermedia doing animated commercials and product identity. Wrote and created 3D animated commercials for local and national television markets. Designed packaging and advertising for new products. Created company flying logos and developed branding and entities.
--------------------------------
Art director at BreakAway Games at Texas A&M University in Corpus Christi, TX July 2006-March 2007

Art director on "Pulse!!", a medical and surgical simulator funded by the US military and supported by Harvard, Yale and John Hopskins University hospitals.
Managed and supervised 8 artists and animators by keeping timelines and project scheduling current. Served as producer during periods of producer's absence during travel. Had formal weekly meetings and informal discussions over lunch. Supported artist's choices for software and strove to keep the work flow as stress free as possible. Authored art technical design documents and style guides for Pulse project.
Organized and compiled work received from art team for review and revision.
Created animations and converted motion capture files into completed animations.
TITLE: Pulse
http://www.sp.tamucc.edu/pulse/default.asp
--------------------------------
Apogee Model Rockets- Colorado Springs,CO January 2004-March 2006

Designed model rockets and packaging, created monthly newsletter and website. Created videos to support products, such as videos showing and giving tips on construction and flying model rockets. Attended model rocket conferences and hobby shows to demonstrate "RockSim" model rocket design software. I still design rockets for Apogee, it's fun.

www.apogeerockets.com
---------------------------------
Art Director, Sega - San Francisco, CA June 1999-May 2003

Only artist working on 10six a massive multiplayer online game.
Redesigned all of the game art from maps to meshes
Created a series of futuristic tanks, weapons, and avatars.
Conceived and created an animated movie short based on the 10six premise.
Designed and created many advertising support materials for 10six, such as posters, T-shirts, temporary tattoos, magazine covers and ads.
TITLE: 10six www.10six.com
-------------------------------------
Model Builder and Animator (Contract), Digital Anvil - Austin, TX March 1998-January 1999

Responsibilities included revising and updating storyboards of game cut-scenes, creating and animating high-detail spacecraft, as well as special effects.
Supervised up to 5 people directly at a time. Supplied background images of nebula and other stellar phenomena for the movie, "Wing Commander", based on the popular game series from Origin.
TITLES: Conquest, Wing Commander (Movie)-1998
--------------------------------------
Executive Artist, Maxis - Walnut Creek, CA February 1997-March 1998

Responsibilities included direction of and coordination of projects and personnel, including managing and supervising artists and animators, aligning schedules to realistic timetables and deadlines, ensuring the availability of necessary tools and resources.
Authored art technical design documents and style guides for projects.
Maintaining specific standards of quality and meeting of deadlines were paramount in the course of any project, as well as the preparation of weekly status reports and ensuring the delivery of completed artwork to appropriate personnel.
Organized and compiled work received from art team for review and revision.
Trained artists on new and cutting edge tools and technology. Implemented creation of and design of new in-house graphics tools.
Participated in conceptual and pre production meetings with NASA on SimMars project.
TITLES: SimCity 3000, Streets of SimCity, LunaSim, SimMars, Tony LaRussa Baseball 4, and SimSafari
----------------------------------
Senior Lead Artist, Rainbow Studios - Phoenix, AZ March 1992-July 1997

Led team of 5 artists
Worked as artist and animator on various flying logos, promos, etc.
Became lead artist as company moved into entertainment and gaming.
Created 3D models and set designs.
Participated in artist exchange program with Amblin Studios during first year of 'Star Trek: Voyager'
TITLES: Trimark's 'Air Havoc Controller', Microsoft's 'Video for Windows Demo', 'Cosmic Visions', 'The Audition', Trimark's 'The Hive', 'Deadly Tide'
-------------------------------------
1992 and before

Freelance newspaper, magazine, t-shirt and print shop work.
Delivered pizza, fast and hot! Painted stock cars for local circuit.
I specialize in visual futurism, what will this street look like 25, 50, 200 years from now? While I enjoy space and science fiction, I can give anything an out of tomorrow look, a football stadium, an airport, a car or a coffeemaker. I can design an entire look and theme for a project or game, and I can fit into an established style and look. I can model and animate in most any such program. I am proficient in all the major art software packages. I like to model in and can work to any popular format, Lightwave, Maya, 3DMax, etc. I have basic programming understanding and can keep inside the guidelines laid out by the confines of programming. I work quickly and accurately, keeping mind of milestones and production schedules.
CIVIC ACTIVITIES HISTORY:
2001-2002- Chairman, Kirker Creek Watershed Project- Pittsburg, CA
Chaired meetings. Organized and facilitated meetings and tours with local industries to allow access and study of the wildlife and plant life on Pacific Gas & Electric's property.
2001-2002- Commissioner, Community Advisory Commission Pittsburg, CA
Attended City Council meetings as a representative of the Community Advisory Commission.
Worked with local police to reduce graffiti and vandalism as an effective means of preventing larger crimes.
EDUCATION HISTORY:
1983-1984 - Associates degree, Collins Design College Tempe, AZ
REFERENCES:
Peter Kruger, Precision Intermedia - 707-725-0804
Tim VanMilligan, Apogee Model Rockets - 719-535-9335
Dr. Chris McKay, NASA - [email protected]

Dexter2999
12-03-2008, 09:52 PM
It's too long. You are overqualified, and you disgust me.

And you will get a job paying four times what I make in a year.

Good Luck to you, Sir.

shrox
12-03-2008, 10:03 PM
It's too long. You are overqualified, and you disgust me.

And you will get a job paying four times what I make in a year.

Good Luck to you, Sir.

You forgot to say:"If we hire you, you'll get a better offer in two weeks and then leave."

Thanks Dex