PDA

View Full Version : Can't tile UVs for a clip map.

dwburman
12-03-2008, 06:57 PM
I want to use an image map as a clip map on a UV surface. The problem is that I need to tile the image and the layer editor doesn't let you tile along the V like the image nodes do.

Is there a way to get the old layers system used by the clip map to tile an image along the V, get the nodal tools into the clip map editor or access the clip map from a nodal surface?

If I use the image as a transparency map, the render may take longer and I'll have to muck about with the nodes so I don't get spec hits where the texture is "clear".

I'll probably just try to create a second UV map with the polys all stacked, but this should be easier.

I did look at a thread on a related clip map issue and dpont mentioned a "texture node" that was available for the PC. I did a quick search on flay and google, but didn't find it. Also, I'm using a Mac so I don't know if it'll work for me.

serge
12-04-2008, 05:52 AM
Dpont's "Node Texture" can be found on his website (http://pagesperso-orange.fr/dpont/plugins/nodes/nodes/Node_Editors.html#NodeText). Unfortunately though there doesn't seem to be a Mac version.