PDA

View Full Version : lighting the inside of a model plane

maximus210
12-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Hi I'm trying to light the inside of a model 737 plane to have the light emit from the windows in a night scene.

I have made the glass 100% transparent and tried all or the lights with and without volumetric lighting but still I can't get the effect right.
would much appreciate a push in the right direction.

Thanks

Otterman
12-04-2008, 05:44 AM
Im assuming youve checked the volumetric lighting on in both the light properties and render global menus!

Red_Oddity
12-04-2008, 07:15 AM
Does it have an inside? or are you using the polygons of the hull for the inside aswell, in that case they need to be double sided.

Glendalough
12-05-2008, 07:25 AM
Nice Plane. If the volumetric lighting is inside you have to make sure your refraction index is above 1 (the default) or it won't penetrate the glass, I believe. Also it might be easier to set each window to slightly different luminous values with a glow, maybe different sizes too ie each window a different (or few different) surface. Don't think you would really see in the plane windows unless very close.

Matt
12-05-2008, 08:16 AM
Hi I'm trying to light the inside of a model 737 plane to have the light emit from the windows in a night scene.

I have made the glass 100% transparent and tried all or the lights with and without volumetric lighting but still I can't get the effect right.
would much appreciate a push in the right direction.

Thanks

Depending on how close you're going to get with the camera, you could just make the window glass a luminous material.

Maybe have some of the window blinds down, half open etc. to add some randomisation.