PDA

View Full Version : How to change interface colors in 9.x?

charonjr
12-03-2008, 12:03 PM
Hi,
I used to be able to change interface colors with color picker in 5.6. Can't seem to do that in 9.x.

Any ideas?

David

Weetos
12-03-2008, 12:11 PM
I'm assuming you're a PC user - right click on the hub tray icon and select 'Properties', then click on button labeled 'Customize Colors'

Hope that helps

charonjr
12-03-2008, 12:14 PM
Thanks, I did that and restarted Lightwave (tried this with 9.3, 9.5, 9.5.1). No joy. I followed the FAQ and tried creating a lwhub.cfg file and put it in the programs folder. That doesn't seem to work either.... The Hub itself seems to work fine.

Weetos
12-03-2008, 12:27 PM
huh this works fine here (with 9.5.1) - Since you have multiple versions of LW installed on a same machine, make sure your programs (Layout, Modeler and hub) point to their respective config directory - it's strongly recommended to have distinct config dirs - one for each version

Also, once you picked the colors you want, quit Layout and modeler, then quit the hub (don't skip that step !). Once it's gone, launch Layout or Modeler again and see what happens

charonjr
12-03-2008, 12:39 PM
I think you just shown me a discrepancy: there aren't any config directories in any version of Lightwave 9.x! Can I just make one, and where should it go?

charonjr
12-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Weetos, I followed your directions and it works! Weee!

Any idea where the config directories are supposed to go?

Thanks!

Weetos
12-03-2008, 12:47 PM
Ok - you can create one for each version in the program directory :
C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave3D9.5\Programs\Config

Then create shortcuts for Modeler and Layout (those will be created in the same directory, but you can move them wherever you want, on your desktop or in the start menu, or even both) then right-click on the shortcut->properties and for target, enter this (adapt this to your context, of course) :

"C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave3D9.5\Programs\lightwav.exe" -c"C:\Program Files\NewTek\LightWave3D9.5\Programs\Config"
Note the quotes and spaces

Do this for each version (Modeler and Layout), and you're all set :)

Weetos
12-03-2008, 12:49 PM
Glad it worked for you ;)

charonjr
12-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Alright, I discovered that the .cfg files are located in docs & sets/my name/.

Now for the real question as the hub color changes don't seem to affect this: in the Surfaces panel, I need the color selector background to be lighter so that the RGB value colors are easier for me to see. None of the hub changes affected this.

Thanks for any help!

charonjr
12-03-2008, 01:11 PM
Way cool, Weetos! Thank you very much!

Weetos
12-03-2008, 02:10 PM
You're welcome ;)