PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop question

skywalker113
12-02-2008, 07:35 PM
This is the back of a house. I am trying to change the color of the white wood. Is there a easy way to do it? I barly used photoshop before.

TripD
12-02-2008, 07:53 PM
I'm only a hobbyist, but a non distructive approach would be to create a new layer (make sure it is above your textured wall layer). Then you can change it's mode to Overlay and just paint in any colour and or texture you wish.

Graphx
12-02-2008, 08:15 PM
Another way is set the layer to color then paint the wood the color you need. I've done this two or three times and it worked for me
Larry

crashnburn
12-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Out of interest, is that a picture of the image being mapped onto the model or a render of the rear of the model it has been mapped to?

Dexter2999
12-02-2008, 09:17 PM
I second TripD.

A layer placed over the siding. If there are other shapes on the siding you don't want changed, select the shape, then cut it out on the color layer.
If they are on separate layers, then just make sure they are above the color layer.
Then you can work with opacity, and if the layer is Normal or Additive.
You could do multiple color layers for comparing things by turning layers off and on. Or make just one layer and do hue shifts to the color.

Good Luck

Silkrooster
12-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Or,

Create a mask...

Select the rectangle mask tool in the tool bar(looks like a square doted line)
Drag out a mask around one of the squares in your image, hold down the shift key and drag out another mask, keep holding down the shift key and drag out another until you are done.
Now invert your mask by Select>Inverse (What you want to see is the areas that you want effected to be white and the areas not effect to be black. This you will see after the next step)
Now create your selective color adjustment layer (See Below)

Create a selective color adjustment...

Layer>New Adjustment Layer>Selective Color.
Set Colors to white
Set Method to relative.
Now you can change the whites in the image. Note, this will also change the highlights If you do not use the steps above to create a mask.
Besides using white for the Colors also try neutrals.

Silk

skywalker113
12-02-2008, 11:02 PM
Out of interest, is that a picture of the image being mapped onto the model or a render of the rear of the model it has been mapped to?

I created a model, textured the windows and doors. Then went to layout and took a picture of it. Now I am going to take this picture and put it on the model in the same place, so it wont need the polygons that make up the doors and windows. I am making a huge city scene so I need to reduce the polygons as much as possible.

Thanks for everyones help btw