PDA

View Full Version : BETA without backup

jaxtone
12-02-2008, 03:53 AM
Wow... I wrote a long thread in the 9.5 section but maybe this place would be a better place to get attention from any one in charge.

My version of 9.5 didnīt do the job.

I was suggested to work with an OPEN BETA. LW fixed me a possibility to work with it and I did get a serial number.

OPEN BETA did the job up to 50% and made it possible to deliver part 1 one of the customer project. The only thing was that the BETA had a time limiter before it went down in the sack. I have really tried to contact LW to get information about this time limiter and about when the next key or version will be released. NO ANSWERS!

On the Lightwave Forum I am consequently informed that I shall not discuss OPEN BETA version in any other place than the OPEN BETA forum. NT have never given me any access to the OPEN BETA forum, just a version and a serial number. So their advices and rules just leed me to an endless loop of rubbish.

I have constantly visited my registration pages to see if thereīs a new serial or OB version available without any positive result at all. Yesterday the OPEN BETA went down, and itīs impossible for me to fulfill the customer project in earlier versions because of program incapabilities.

But you know what the worst thing is?

THE SUPPORT TEAM HAVE DISSAPEARED FROM THIS EARTH!

Where do that place me in front of my customers eyes? You are right... at the bottom of his wish list over reliable sub producers. So you guys at the TECH SUPPORT department, WAKE UP. Itīs time stop playing around with your X-mas lists about raised salaries and bonuses! My packages to you at this moment is just dead cold and doesnīt even smell nice.

Scary X-mas from Bad Santa!

Anti-Distinctly
12-02-2008, 04:04 AM
Has the registration page got a new key for you? Or is there a new key, but the key doesn't work?

Edit: If it's the latter, then I had some similar problems and this thread may be of some assistance to you: http://newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87559

jaxtone
12-02-2008, 04:11 AM
Nope there are no new serials or activation codes at all... and I look quite often!

I shall take a look at the link you sent...

Anti-Distinctly
12-02-2008, 04:16 AM
Sorry I can't be of more help man. Sounds like you're having a hard time :( I've always found the Newtek staff to be suberb at helping out. You're calling the Europe HQ in France?

jaxtone
12-02-2008, 04:37 AM
Hi!

I have been faithful to NT and Lightwave since 1998. During these 10 years the only really good support I īve had have been delivered by Ben Vost at Newtek Europe. He is skilled,calm and always helpful. But you know what, I have heard rumours from a reliable source that heīs gonna leave LW!

This really makes me feel sad because the rest of the teams in the US always treated me as the invisible man (it might be because I am Swedish or have somthing to do with the fact that I only contact them at "CODE RED". Iīve heard by many Lightwavers that they also experienced bad communication in the old daya but that things have been better nowadays and great things are to come.

I am not convinced though the latest lack of communication from their side tells me theyīre all pretty worthless when it comes to customer relations. Whatīs the matter with you guys? That behavior hadnīt worked as a waiter on a restaurant or elsewhere so why would I as a customer accept such a useless treatment anyway?

colkai
12-02-2008, 04:47 AM
Um, last time I checked, new keys were available and should be in your "my products" area of your registration section http://register.newtek.com/
If yours aren't there whilst everyone else has them, then I am baffled.

Anti-Distinctly
12-02-2008, 04:54 AM
Good old Ben Vost. He never fails :)

jaxtone
12-02-2008, 10:05 AM
Um, last time I checked, new keys were available and should be in your "my products" area of your registration section http://register.newtek.com/
If yours aren't there whilst everyone else has them, then I am baffled.

And baffled you are! But not because they are not there. Just because they doesnīt work. Just spoke to Ben and he believed it could be a problem with the Vista 64 bit solution. Strange, becuase the earlier versions of the OB havenīt reacted this way anytime.

akademus
12-02-2008, 10:22 AM
You were brave to start project using BETA in the first place. That is something I would never ever do.

I have a Beta key in registration dating 1st December.

You need to take in consideration that US time zones are 8 or so hours behind european, so your Monday is still Sunday night in Austin.

Cheers

jaxtone
12-03-2008, 07:24 AM
You were brave to start project using BETA in the first place. That is something I would never ever do.
You need to take in consideration that US time zones are 8 or so hours behind european, so your Monday is still Sunday night in Austin.
Cheers

Well Akademus!

I am brave for sure... but not stupid! The OPEN BETA was THE ONLY possibility to make part one of the delivery a fact. There were no other options at all! And I do not understand why you try to write things that was never meant to be. The OPEN BETA is not my main problem, it has been the non communicative support team from the start.

I notice youīre trying to do your maths! Unfortunally your equation is wrong, totally wrong!

I still havenīt received any answers even two weeks after I first took contact with them. I do not understand that you want to add time zone factors to protect a lousy support!

jaxtone
12-03-2008, 07:38 AM

Cheers

Akademus! I believe youre writing this because you want to help, right?

Where in you text do you think its any help for me reading that youīre adding yourself as a role model for anyone else?

Akademus:

Do you know any facts about what I was trying to do for the customer?

Have you seen the scene or its animated parts in the scene?

You have no idea, and therefore I do not think its any help reading what you use or not use to do!

I could have bought that if I had experienced any certain problems with the OPEN BETA but I have not. Is that clear?

I know that som other peoples experience of the OB have been the opposite and thats just a pity. But in any case, even if contains questions about bugs, missed serial numbers or access to forum sections even you must understand that an active support team is the key to any of these issues!

Over and out!

akademus
12-03-2008, 08:24 AM
Hey, I understand your frustration, but using Beta for ongoing paying projects is on a fine line between bravery and stupidity. Rather use some other software do get the things done or post a problem for possible solutions. Stating that the beta was THE ONLY solution doesn't make sense as they ALWAYS are multiple solutions for every software. Maybe you just wasn't aware of options.

Betas are always provided as is, no support as they are testing versions of software!

Anyhow, no matter how frustrated you are, don't take it on people who are trying to help you!

Cheers!

jaxtone
12-05-2008, 12:54 PM
Thanks for trying to help me...

I will try straighten things out once and for all so life can go on as usual.

My problem was that I was captured in a "Catch 22" situation when I couldnīt get my hands on the update of the OPEN BETA!

The Open Beta itself have never caused me more problems than the purchased version. The Open Beta actually made it possible to deliver at least the first part of the production. I donīt see why this is so hard to understand... (I admit it was confusing for me to see that the official software developer had itīs fingers in the jam and still said they were not involved.)

This was the one and only problem I tried to describe in some of the threads I started to get proper attention and help.