PDA

View Full Version : Support team on tranquillizers

jaxtone
12-02-2008, 03:26 AM
Hi all!

This hurts, but I actually must tell that my first impression (1998) of the LW support team is like the stripes on a zebra. You cannot wash them away!

Who do you think you are, Gods with no two way communication capabilities available at all?

I am just a plain customer with deadlines and by your treatment of me as a paying customer I understand I seem to have a very low value in your agenda, but you must understand ONE THING! I am not pleased by your ignorance that ruins my business when you do not communicate!

After more than 10 years as a user I am so dissapointed with this big headed behavoir and the patronizing attitude you serve me as a customer. Sorry Iīll take the last thing back because it was wrong to judge you as patronizing, īcause how could any be something like that when they do not even answer support requests at all. So the expression would rather be "invisible", "dumb" and "deaf" for customers that needs support!

If your plan is to make faithful and paying users leaving the LW interface once and for all you almost succeded! And I must add that itīs not because of any other bugs than the ones you create by a totally respectless communication with NTīs and LWīs users.

JohnMarchant
12-02-2008, 03:30 AM
Maybe they have not been around much because of the thanksgiving holiday

jaxtone
12-02-2008, 03:40 AM
Thanks for the information!

However I live in Sweden and since my customer is Swedish the fact is that we do not celebrate thanksgiving here by tradition at all. I do not think the customer will accept the fact that "Americanos" roast their turkeys while he is missing his project plan and future business relations.

The missing information/communication from the tranquillized tech team have been appropriate for at least 1― week and started as a question 3 weeks ago. If its up to me that turkey have lost its life by no reason at all! :D

Netvudu
12-02-2008, 05:08 AM
Personally, as another long time user of Lightwave and of this message board, I find it pretty disturbing and itīstarting to bother me that you opened sort of three or four threads just because you happened to misplan one of your projects.

I understand your pressures, but I wouldnīt blame the developer for my own faults (working with a beta? gotta be kiddinī), and specially I would never plague the forum with my own work complaints so that other users start freaking out.

Iīm sure in your mind Newtek is partly responsible for what youīre going through, but I suppose we both agree I am not.

colkai
12-02-2008, 05:51 AM
I find it pretty disturbing and itīstarting to bother me that you opened sort of three or four threads

I agree, if one wants to get help from someone, spamming the boards with diatribe after diatribe is NOT going to win any sympathy. When I saw the second, I assumed the first was locked and he felt the need to continue his complaining, now, well, who knows, bad form.

jaxtone
12-02-2008, 08:19 AM
Personally, as another long time user of Lightwave and of this message board, I find it pretty disturbing and itīstarting to bother me that you opened sort of three or four threads just because you happened to misplan one of your projects.

I understand your pressures, but I wouldnīt blame the developer for my own faults (working with a beta? gotta be kiddinī), and specially I would never plague the forum with my own work complaints so that other users start freaking out.

Iīm sure in your mind Newtek is partly responsible for what youīre going through, but I suppose we both agree I am not.

Netvedu!

Please save me from such infantile answers! If you have a solution, I will listen but when you trying to make yourself look as Mr. Perfect on the behalf of my stressed situation itīs just pathetic. Why would I have you as a role model for how to solve a critical situation including a support team that doesnīt even answer a single question. Donīt believe an action solved by "hear nothing, see nothing, say nothing is appropriate now".

Get this straight once and for all. NT suggested me to work with the BETA because the version I purchased couldnīt do the job. So just stop trying to get free points on the fact that they do not do THEIR job!

Those 15 minutes of youre looking for, please earn them in another way.

jaxtone
12-02-2008, 08:24 AM
I agree, if one wants to get help from someone, spamming the boards with diatribe after diatribe is NOT going to win any sympathy. When I saw the second, I assumed the first was locked and he felt the need to continue his complaining, now, well, who knows, bad form.

Well what can I say! This is of course what happens when the support and tech teams donīt take their responsibility.

And if you really do not want to read my action to get some real help on this problem, just stop reading.

(What you just reminded me of on this is the old ladies that pick up the phone anytime they see something on the tele they donīt like. As I always say turn that TV off or switch channel if you donīt like to watch. Just donīt try to stop me from getting attention on this, because this is all it is about actually. To get attention from someone who solve the problem.)

beverins
12-02-2008, 08:42 AM
Be a little nicer, and state the nature of the emergency and perhaps you will find an aggregate solution.

While Newtek's customer support isn't always on top of the ball, I will say that they DO try much harder than Adobe's or e-on software's tech staff as I have so far experienced.

Paul Lara
12-02-2008, 09:55 AM
I seem to have a very low value in your agenda, but you must understand ONE THING! I am not pleased by your ignorance that ruins my business when you do not communicate!

Please check your e-mail. I'm here to assist you.

jaxtone
12-02-2008, 10:00 AM
Be a little nicer, and state the nature of the emergency and perhaps you will find an aggregate solution.

While Newtek's customer support isn't always on top of the ball, I will say that they DO try much harder than Adobe's or e-on software's tech staff as I have so far experienced.

Yeah I know... of course youīre right. The only thing is that in this special situation even Microsoft had been a better help than not hearing a sound at all from the NT team.

jaxtone
12-02-2008, 10:31 AM
Please check your e-mail. I'm here to assist you.

Havenīt seen a single e-mail yet! Is this for real?

KScott
12-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Newtek's customer support has been nothing but the best. Since 5.0 here.and the product is getting better and better.

Kevin.

Mr Rid
12-02-2008, 01:22 PM
Myself and several longtime LW users I work with (12 years for me) had never received any online responses from Newtek support until around v9. Phone support was consistently ineffecient as well. For years, 'Ask support' was always met with a laugh by artists, and management at every place Ive worked would roll their eyes at the mention of Newtek (as well as a couple of animators who used to work in Nt support). No matter what the intentions may be at present, NT support has an awful, awful track record to pull out of. And they dont seem to have a clue.

Then an animator well connected with Newtek explained that 'support' and 'development' were two different things, and that support was the wrong place to go for support. 'Development' indeed seems to be a different animal.

Paul Lara
12-02-2008, 01:56 PM
Havenīt seen a single e-mail yet! Is this for real?

Yes, this is for real. I sent an e-mail to the address you used to register on NewTek's forum. You can e-mail me ([email protected])if you would like, with a detailed description of the problem, and how this can be resolved.

-Paul

jaxtone
12-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Newtek's customer support has been nothing but the best. Since 5.0 here.and the product is getting better and better.

Kevin.

Kevin! I can now see why some Lightwave users are so pleased with the support they get from Lightwave. You have all one thing in common... youīre U.S. citizens.

I adore your position as users with proper support teams. But believe me when saying that I havenīt met the same brilliance over here, and I am talking off a long time ignorance.

Everybody with a little insight in this areas tells me that things have changed lately and I wish that was true. But since I still am out of any response on emails and messages sent weeks ago I have my doubts.

I hope you understand that this fact is frustrating even if I know by history that many american citizens are more interested in whats happening inside their own borders than whats going on in the rest of the world.

Donīt take it personally but I have stopped counting all the times Iīve been in the states and met well educated humans that still believe that Sweden is Switzerland, and that we are a communist nation with free sex and polar bears on the streets.

Hopefully this have noting to do with the fact that the support havenīt reached us here by the years! :)

jaxtone
12-02-2008, 03:43 PM
Myself and several longtime LW users I work with (12 years for me) had never received any online responses from Newtek support until around v9. Phone support was consistently ineffecient as well. For years, 'Ask support' was always met with a laugh by artists, and management at every place Ive worked would roll their eyes at the mention of Newtek (as well as a couple of animators who used to work in Nt support). No matter what the intentions may be at present, NT support has an awful, awful track record to pull out of. And they dont seem to have a clue.

Then an animator well connected with Newtek explained that 'support' and 'development' were two different things, and that support was the wrong place to go for support. 'Development' indeed seems to be a different animal.

Mr Rid!

I am both glad and sad to hear your story!

I was glad because one too many prophets of woe in this forum tried to convince me that my behaviour was too much by no reason at all.

I am sad because I understand that more than myself have been affected by this inverted support.

Now I must repeat that so many users I learnt to know telling me that things have changed and that there are more to come.

Unfortunally I havenīt experienced this from the US teams yet, just from Ben Vost at Newtek Europe who is a bright shining star on their heaven.

jaxtone
12-02-2008, 03:45 PM

Mr Rid!

I was glad because one too many prophets of woe in this forum tried to convince me that my behaviour was too much by no reason at all.

I am sad because I understand that more than myself have been affected by this inverted support.

Now I must repeat that so many users I learnt to know telling me that things have changed and that there are more to come.

Unfortunally I havenīt experienced this from the US teams yet, just from Ben Vost at Newtek Europe who is a bright shining star on their heaven.

jaxtone
12-02-2008, 03:46 PM

Mr Rid!

bobakabob
12-02-2008, 05:25 PM
Did you try contacting Newtek Europe? In my experience, they've always been friendly, courteous and helpful.

wacom
12-02-2008, 05:39 PM
Look we all know the Newtek Team has something against Scandinavians. I think it's the health care, or maybe it's the attractive woman over there that causes the issues?

They don't like Irish or German people either- I had to lie to them that I was Scottish before they'd help me. That and send them a keg and a turkey (this was in July mind you).

I think they have some issues with kegs, turkeys, Scandinavians, Irish people, Germans, the English, Canadians, and Texans.

Just send them a bottle of Aquavit with your dongle in it- then they'll get to the bottom of your problem ASAP even if it chokes them in the process.

jaxtone
12-03-2008, 01:10 AM
Hahahaha... that was a good one! I must say I really like your kind of humour...

I have the feeling Newtek/Lightwave wanīt to have an image of being a universal company without having any interest acting in a global perspective.

jaxtone
12-03-2008, 01:12 AM
Did you try contacting Newtek Europe? In my experience, they've always been friendly, courteous and helpful.

This is what I wrote in the answer just on top of your reply:

I cannot say how pleased and grateful I am for the help from guys like Ben at Newtek Europe. Heīs a diamond...

jaxtone
12-03-2008, 03:49 AM
Problem solved! Over and out!

meatycheesyboy
12-03-2008, 09:02 AM
I've been readng this over the past few days and am glad that you got it sorted out. What exactly ended up being the problem and how was it finally resolved?

Netvudu
12-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Please save me from such infantile answers! If you have a solution, I will listen but when you trying to make yourself look as Mr. Perfect on the behalf of my stressed situation itīs just pathetic. Why would I have you as a role model for how to solve a critical situation including a support team that doesnīt even answer a single question. Donīt believe an action solved by "hear nothing, see nothing, say nothing is appropriate now".

Get this straight once and for all. NT suggested me to work with the BETA because the version I purchased couldnīt do the job. So just stop trying to get free points on the fact that they do not do THEIR job!

Those 15 minutes of youre looking for, please earn them in another way.

For starters, I never suggested that Newtek was doing their support job fine. I just wrote that "spamming" the boards with your problem was bothering me as another user of the forums, with equal rights to using them as you own.

I am sincerely glad that you finally sorted this out. I know how stressful being under deadlines is.
Obviously, you education problem is far from being sorted out, and I wonder how many people you have pissed off besides me in your quest for your solution. When someone attacks you so lightly on a message board, either he/she is a teenager or plainly rude. Here guessinī youīre long past your 20s.

I know you donīt care, but rest assured this is the last thread Iīm reading from you.
Being a person is always more important than any CG skills you might/might not have.

"Mr.Perfect" out.

jaxtone
12-03-2008, 02:47 PM
For starters, I never suggested that Newtek was doing their support job fine. I just wrote that "spamming" the boards with your problem was bothering me as another user of the forums, with equal rights to using them as you own... I wonder how many people you have pissed off besides me in your quest for your solution... I know you donīt care, but rest assured this is the last thread Iīm reading from you. Being a person is always more important than any CG skills you might/might not have. "Mr.Perfect"

I care! You can be sure I care for a lot of things but I would really wanīt to one thing! If you ever work "with or for me" in a project it would be really nice to see which "arguments or feelings" will do the job for you when your tools is out of order and time is running out! Please get this straight! I have had no intentions at all to offend any one in person and either I have ever had any plans to hurt NT, LW or this community in any matter.

I only had one purpose with these threads and itīs my "customers project"!And yes I admit that some of my words in desperation over a non excisting communication with the support team might have been hard to survive for more sensitive individuals than myself. In that case I apologize yīall for making your life harder than necessary.

I AM TRULY SORRY!

Secondly the fact is that I am a "doer" and sometimes you must cross the border to reach an impact. The expression "PROBLEM, REACTION, SOLUTION" is no longer a riddle among secret societies. Its very striking when you need to get a resolute attention.

By this I mean that since the invisible tech. supp. team didnīt respond I had to do it this way. And again by no means I had no intention to hurt you or anyone else.

During this process to get attention and reach a solution of the problem I have noticed one thing that is really scary!

People have told me that I must be "nicer" to not upset anyone, understand the fact that itīs "thanksgiving" in U.S. And also that time zones are different between the U.S. and Europe. In other words there have been many of you that not even for a single second have had any interest in seeing what the problem was all about. By reflex many in here went into a defense position

Is this forum meant to be for constructive critisism and inputs to make the world of NT and LW better?

Or is it a forum for people who just wanna be friends, chat and talk about things that wonīt upset the fixed order of things?

I would easily chose both!