PDA

View Full Version : Larg renders help

Mat
12-02-2008, 12:14 AM
I'm setting up a print at deviant art and I wont a A3 300dpi render, but I am haveing some trouble.

I saw some were you can split the frame up using advanced cammera somewhere.

I have 4 gigs of ram, running on vista 32. intel quadcore 2 extream.

accom
12-02-2008, 01:52 AM
I allways use Render Globals: under General, there's Segment memory limit. Try lower the setting - in one pass with this resolution and with four cores/threads you will have to.

Hope that does it.

Tobian
12-02-2008, 03:20 AM
Hmm there's something fishy about that, you seem to have a low(ish) segment memory and WAY less poly's than I have rendered before. Try disabling the hair, and see if that works, it might be too many hairs causing the out of memory error?

Sensei
12-02-2008, 03:20 AM
Using VirtualRender you can render any size images like 16000x12000 examples here http://virtualrender.trueart.eu

Are you using FiberFX for hairs?

accom
12-02-2008, 03:26 AM
Are you rendering to preview? Try rendering to file....

Mat
12-02-2008, 04:36 AM
I've got the seg mem set to 32 because it comes up with a different error.

Just doing a test without the fiber filter I'll see what happens.

Tobian Hmm there's something fishy about that, you seem to have a low(ish) segment memory and WAY less poly's than I have rendered before. Try disabling the hair, and see if that works, it might be too many hairs causing the out of memory error?

Seems to crash after it finishes rendering the hair about half way through, quite anoying to wait a hour or so only to comback and have to start again.

Mat
12-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Tedios process trying to figure out why the render crashes when its is nearly complete, especialy when I have to wait an our only to find that I have to start again without knowing what caused it or how to prevent it the next time. :stumped: :cry:

I can only set the segment mem limit to 256 any higher and it crashes,
I've set the mutithreding option to 4 instead of automatic, seams to make a difference I don't know why.
I am using fiber fx.
I've turned off the image viewer and the preview box.
I've set the image to render to file.

Sensei
12-02-2008, 04:04 PM
It simply crashes at pixel filter FiberFX stage..
Disable Adaptive AA, the scene will be rendering much faster, for tests..
You can also use Resolution Multiplier 50% or 25% to see whether crash happens regardless of used resolution..

Mat
12-04-2008, 06:38 AM
eventualy rendered using cam mask, but it still crashed about 80% of the time, had to restart computer a few times.. Now I am having more dificaulty becase I added some more fibers, the same trick is not working, also had this problem before, was due to having more than one set of guides for the fiber filter, looks like it wont be the larg render this time.:(:cry: