PDA

View Full Version : Couple of basic improvement suggestions

Wink
11-30-2008, 08:19 PM
I was doing some TriCaster training this week and ran into this common problem when working with EditText generator and Text overlays. My suggestion...EVERYTIME there is a page OR icon that has a transparency (alpha channel) in it, that transparency should be represented by a checkerboard, NOT BLACK! Black is OFTEN used in the creation of a graphic and NT (for some reason) will sometimes use a checkerboard pattern and sometimes use black, like in the main edit area of Edit Text screen and in the overlay text editor. It's impossible to see black edges and shadows with a black background during creation, but more importantly, checkerboard is the industry standard to indicate an alpha channel and the end user will instantly recognize that! Second suggestion...(for all versions of NT's editors, SpeedEdit, etc.) On the timeline, please put the cursor ON TOP of the clips, NOT behind them. Being on top would be very useful, especially when editing the waveform in audio clip. Again, the standard in every other editor I've seen is the cursor on top. Thanks.

Paul Lara
12-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Thanks, Wink.

Wink
12-01-2008, 10:18 AM
You're welcome and thank you for the quick reply. I love it when NewTek replys to suggestions. It just shows that they're listening and that they care!