PDA

View Full Version : Custom Tutorials

Stephen0523
11-30-2008, 05:02 PM
Hi all. Would anyone know of someone who does custom video tutorials of Lightwave projects?
I am learning Lightwave and would like to learn by working on actual projects such as helmets, bottles, mechanical items etc....
And of course I am will to pay!

Thanks

Stephen

Stel
11-30-2008, 05:55 PM
Stephen, look up posts by William Proton Vaughn - lots of training for all osrts of things.

Also 3D total has some tutorials in written form on full projects in LW - which are about $13 US. (there is an extensive one on modelling a bugati car)

dablan
11-30-2008, 06:14 PM
Feel free to take a look at www.3dgarage.com. Our training for LightWave is all project based, and on sale. If there's something specific you're looking for, let us know....

Stephen0523
12-02-2008, 04:53 AM
Hi. I was looking for custom tutorial to create specific products.

biliousfrog
12-02-2008, 07:14 AM
You won't learn anything by being spoon-fed. All of the tutorials mentioned will give you the skills required to complete any project. Once you know how to use the tools and find your way around the interface it is up to you to use those learned skills to create anything you wish. Once you know the tools and how they work you can translate any 3d training for any 3d application.

Taron's head modelling video, available from Gnomon, is excellent for workflow tips and organic modelling.

Stephen0523
12-02-2008, 07:16 AM
Hi. I agree with what you are saying. However being a practical sort, it would be beneficial to do a tutorial that when finished I have something I can use for my Clients.

JeffrySG
12-02-2008, 07:24 AM
You could post some images of the objects you would like a custom tutorial for and people here could let you know how much it would cost. Are you looking for video tutorials or just written/images? How much detail are you looking in the tutorials? Give us some more specific info...

Stephen0523
12-02-2008, 07:30 AM
Video would be best, but written might work.
Good idea. I will put a new post request.
Attached is one image of a helmet that I would like to render with graphics.

ST

CC Rider
12-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Feel free to take a look at www.3dgarage.com. Our training for LightWave is all project based, and on sale. If there's something specific you're looking for, let us know....

Hey Dan...ever consider doing a LWCAD tutorial? I sure would love to go through something project based the way you do them. I've seen the help files that cover the basic usage of each tool, but it would help me alot to see the workflow in action.

Just food for thought...you would sell at least 1!

:D

VFXCast
12-03-2008, 09:24 AM
We have a lot of free tutorials on LightWave 3D free to watch online at VFXCast.com.

Stephen0523
12-03-2008, 09:27 AM
Hi. Yes I did check them out and they are great. I am just hoping to find someone who does custom tutorial so that when the tutorial is finish I have something I can use.