PDA

View Full Version : How do you get Preview Options to work on a Mac?

daforum
11-30-2008, 06:56 AM
Hi,

I would like to know if any Mac users are having the same problem. I have tried to get "Preview Options" working on my Mac as it isn't one of the choices under the play buttons in Layout. (Make preview, save preview, load preview etc)

I looked in Edit Menu Layout and made a button for Preview Options in the left-hand side of Layout, but when I clicked on it....... nothing!

Are any Mac users having the same problem; and how have you resolved this?

lwanmtr
11-30-2008, 02:36 PM
What options are you looking for? I've never seen options on Mac lw..on pc, it just brings up output options...though I'm annoyed that the only output choice on pc is avi

Scazzino
11-30-2008, 05:24 PM
We never had the preview output options on the Mac...

daforum
12-01-2008, 10:30 AM
What options are you looking for? I've never seen options on Mac lw..on pc, it just brings up output options...though I'm annoyed that the only output choice on pc is avi

That's what I wanted to be able to do: at least to have an output.
I wanted to have an option to specify the codec, just like exporting from Quicktime. Mac Previews are Apple Animation.

We never had the preview output options on the Mac...

It's frustrating not being able to choose. Would be useful.

lwanmtr
12-01-2008, 02:22 PM
I've never had any compatinility issues when exporting a preview animation..but if you want to make it smaller or whatever, you can run it through mpegstreamclip or even Quicktime Pro. Meanwhile, I constantly get compatibility problems with avi...Newtek should make qt an option on pc.

Scazzino
12-03-2008, 09:36 AM
That's what I wanted to be able to do: at least to have an output.
I wanted to have an option to specify the codec, just like exporting from Quicktime. Mac Previews are Apple Animation.

It's frustrating not being able to choose. Would be useful.

Agreed... I wasn't saying that I didn't want the preview options... just that we've never had them, so it's not something that just broke, but rather was never implemented in the first place on the Mac...