PDA

View Full Version : When in Rome ...

Matt
11-26-2008, 05:23 AM
.. meet LightWavers!

I'm going to be in Rome this Friday for two days! Never been before, should be fun.

Any LightWaver's out there fancy a beer?

Cheers
Matt

3DGFXStudios
11-26-2008, 06:04 AM
Rome is nice...I went there last year..... by bike!

biliousfrog
11-26-2008, 07:30 AM
yeah Rome is wonderful...try not to get a room overlooking Via Cavour though unless it has some serious sound insulation and beware of being sold the wrong tickets for the buses.

Mitja
11-26-2008, 08:22 AM
Rome is nice...I went there last year..... by bike!

By bike! That's an idea!

btw, do they really sell fake tickets for buses?! Never heard bout it.

biliousfrog
11-26-2008, 09:49 AM
By bike! That's an idea!

btw, do they really sell fake tickets for buses?! Never heard bout it.

We didn't get a fake one, the guy at the station just sold us the most expensive rather than the correct ones. we've not used that system before so we were a bit stumped when our ticket didn't fit the machine on the bus. One of the locals saw us, rolled her eyes and said, 'buy from there?' pointing at the kiosk that we just came from as the bus drove past. :rolleyes:

3DGFXStudios
11-26-2008, 11:54 AM
I forgot to mention that is was from Amsterdam to Rome.......;)

Mitja
11-27-2008, 01:44 AM
We didn't get a fake one, the guy at the station just sold us the most expensive rather than the correct ones. we've not used that system before so we were a bit stumped when our ticket didn't fit the machine on the bus. One of the locals saw us, rolled her eyes and said, 'buy from there?' pointing at the kiosk that we just came from as the bus drove past. :rolleyes:

I see.

adrian
11-27-2008, 03:48 AM
Talking of fake tickets, the last time I was in Rome me & a friend somehow managed to get into the Rome derby with black market tickets - how we didn't get arrested I don't know but it was an experience even before we got into the Olimpico.

Once we were in we were stuck with the Lazio ultras - after 29 minutes Roma were 4-0 up, seats were flying and being set on fire.... and we were getting the evil eye from the Ultras because they obviously sussed we weren't genuine Lazio supporters.

Ahh, the things we do when we're young and carefree.... (this was 9 years ago now)

Enjoy your stay - Italy is beautiful.

benhaines
11-27-2008, 10:30 AM
Awesome! Have a great time... so when are you coming to London next for a pint?

Matt
11-27-2008, 12:19 PM
Awesome! Have a great time... so when are you coming to London next for a pint?

We need to do that soon actually, been far too long!