PDA

View Full Version : Cyclist

clagman
11-25-2008, 11:15 AM
One of my guys absolutely HATES using sliders and loves the cycler setup to control endomorphs (which I also really like), however it won't update in realtime like the sliders do (cycler motion modifier). Is there a work around for that or just the way it is.

Andyjaggy
11-25-2008, 02:11 PM
Can you use cycler to control endomorphs? I tried setting it up once and it didn't look like it was doing anything. Maybe I was just not seeing it update?

Andyjaggy
11-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Just tried it again, can't seem to get it to control the morphs with the cycler object.

clagman
11-25-2008, 02:26 PM
Ya that's pretty much it. Seems to work on a keyframe only basis as far as I can tell (so you have to set keyframes and scrub the timeline). Still pretty cool though but would be MUCH nicer if it worked in realtime. I also have tried the setup where you use morph nodes, a gradient, and the info node to use a null rotation to control multiple morphs (credit to Dodgy for that one). Works great for controlling multiple morphs together but again...not realtime.

The Cyclist works realtime but only for keyframed animation.

clagman
11-25-2008, 02:39 PM
Oh, well the way I set it up is:

If you are at frame 0, create a keyframe at 1 with the endomorph at 100%. Then go to the graph editor and find the morph group (or set the key frames from the graph editor for that matter). Select that from the bank and in the modifiers tab select cycler. Here is where you are basically assigning the controller (a null or something) and telling it to cycle between frame 0 and frame 1 of the endormorph based upon the motion bank of the controller (like heading). They keyframe that you made for the endomorph no longer applies since it is now being controlled by the null heading.

I probably should have said to use cycle start frame 0 and cycle end frame 1 since those are the keys that were made...

Andyjaggy
11-25-2008, 02:49 PM
Oh I see, you set up through the graph editor, I was using the cycler in the motion options modifier panel.

Sorry to hijack your thread.

clagman
11-25-2008, 02:54 PM
np, as you can see there are sooooo many people posting ;o) I've pretty much decided that it's just the way it is. By the way nice site. Makes me want to update mine (haven't touched it in many many moons).

Andyjaggy
11-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Thanks. I don't touch mine much these days either. Got a few things I did many moons ago that I still haven't gotten around to putting on my site. I guess that's good, it means I'm busy and not out of work. LOL!