PDA

View Full Version : VT 5.2b upgrade



faikispahiu
11-25-2008, 06:26 AM
I've read a lot about problems with the VT5 upgrade.

That was the reason I decided to wait with upgrading my system.

Can someone confirm:
1. is it safe to upgrade now?
2. if yes, which upgrade should I use?
3. should I expect any problems if I upgrade now?

thanx for helping.

george49
11-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Dobr Dan'

I upgraded from VT4 to VT5 with no problems.

Had some difficulty downloading the VT5.2 upgrade that I attributed to using IE7 (both IE6 & IE8 beta worked fine). Regardless, it's installed now and seem to be fine.

Sure, always expect problems! That way, if they occur you won't be disappointed, and if they don't occur you'll be happy! :)

George, of the Marina

Nille
12-07-2008, 11:50 PM
I did it like this after reading the horrorstories:
Reboot without RS-8, checked that winrtme was nor running.
Disabled antivirus and firewall.

Upgrade went smooth.

Found a bug - when saving Cg-designer to titletemplate-file, with
a picture layer, for example a tiff with alpha, only the filepath to
the picture shows up in titletemplates.
You can fix this after export by editing the Initialization.ToasterScript file
- put whatever "New textitem"-block that should be changed to represent
the different titles first, and youre good to go!:thumbsup: