PDA

View Full Version : bone, bone, them bones driving me crazy

Max Wolf
02-24-2003, 03:44 PM
the bones are driving me crazy??:p they can never stay when i put them and i can never reset the rest point!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

am i the only one that bones drive crazy???

Skonk
02-24-2003, 03:46 PM
If your altering the size of a bone make sure u modify the Rest Length not the Size or it will ferk up.

James..

Max Wolf
02-24-2003, 03:48 PM
i know how about the rest lenght and sizeing it is that when i move a bone into place and the actavte it it goes all wacky:rolleyes:

Skonk
02-24-2003, 05:53 PM
Oo

Hmm can u post a shot of the messyness :)

The only thing i can think of (and im no expert when it comes to bones) is that u are doing something like setting the wrong weightmaps to the bones so like the left arm bone effects the right arm weightmap, or your not activating all the bones, when u activate bones it will often go really funky depending on the order u activate them but once ALL the bones are activated the mesh should return back to normal.
Im sure someone else can help u more, iv never used bones really untill i got acs4 the other day so im only speaking from what iv heard on forums and the like.

James..

SplineGod
02-25-2003, 04:50 AM
Usually I get the bones set into place THEN rest them all at the same time (r key). If you start to rest them individuall, one at a time they will appear to wack out. When you get them all rested things will look fine.
Also make sure you keyframe the bones into the position you want them to stay in otherwise theyll pop back to their base position.