PDA

View Full Version : Bump Node Question

zippitt
11-24-2008, 11:09 AM
So after reading many threads I'm aware of how to combine multiple bump nodes together to get various combinations.

I was wondering how you might be able to drive one bump node with another.

Example...

I have a veins texture which I wanted to soften up the veins to make them a little less linear.

So I drop a ripple texture in hoping I can get the vein bumps to distort a little with the ripple. However, all my attempts end up with a combination of the two where I can see the ripple effect inside the areas surrounded by the veins.

I would like the ripple effect to drive the veins pattern so they are a bit wavier, is this possible using nodes?

cagey5
11-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Try feeding the ripple texture into the 'position' input of the vein texture. Adjust the 'opacity' within the ripple node to determine the amount of influence.

zippitt
11-24-2008, 11:21 AM
Wow that was so simple I am a little ashamed of even posting the question.

Nodes are going to require a thought process change for me. Here I am focusing on all the bump inputs that I completely ignored all the other inputs.

Now that I see them it's like "duh" even though I have known they have been there the whole time, grrr.

Thanks so much

cagey5
11-24-2008, 11:28 AM
Well I didn't know until someone told me, so I'm just passing it along. Glad it helped.