PDA

View Full Version : Feline reference

Noclar7
08-07-2003, 12:34 PM
Hello all,

I just decided today that I'm going to start the challenging task of creating a phtoreal black cat. Its been something i've wanted to do for a while and I now have the opportunity.

I know a few of you have done cats and or "human-cats" and I'm looking for some good referece to get started. So far i have some mybridge stuff for animation and a animal drawing book, but not alot of good "front, side" shot stuff to work from. I will be going over Rowsbys stuff soon too to get my sasquatch up to par, but until then does anyone have any good sites/info???

any help is greatly appreciated,
RJ

Titus
08-07-2003, 06:06 PM
images.google.com is a good start.

mufty
08-10-2003, 06:06 AM
If you have Dan Ablan's Inside LightWave [6] (I think it's on the Inside 7 cd too) there is a model of a cat on the CD.

Alice
08-11-2003, 12:11 PM
Have you found any pics or should I harass my cat with the digicam? :)

ted
08-11-2003, 04:30 PM
I read the "feline reference" and thought this was going somewhere else.
Darn it!:(

Noclar7
08-11-2003, 07:13 PM
hello all..

thanks for the tips.. I had searched google but suprizingly didnt find that much.. got some good stuff though.. I ended up going to the library and getting some half decent muscular illustrations and i did check out the Inside LW 6 model. I knew those cd's would come in handy.. My friend is also getting a cat and is now convinced to get a black cat from the SPCA, so all in all I should be able to get this started with some good reference.
Thanks for your help and Ill post again in the WIP section when its in progress.

Regards,
RJ

richpr
08-11-2003, 11:49 PM
Good project... is also on my todo list... However, I have plenty of reference... I have 4 of them walking around... ;) 2 mostly black, one b&w and another all grey...

richpr
08-12-2003, 12:00 AM
Here's a female European shorthair tuxedo cat...

Noclar7
08-22-2003, 11:21 AM
here is a small update, I had to switch over to storyboards for a bit so i had to put it on hold. Still quite a bit of tweaking yet but I hae a bisic rig setup.

Noclar7
08-22-2003, 11:22 AM
render