PDA

View Full Version : Blush off the rose

RayLarson
08-07-2003, 11:34 AM
I just shelled out almost $600 for the T3 upgrade and while it hasn't yet arrived, I am somewhat concerned about some things:

1. Problems with batch capture and print to tape with the deck we use (Panasonic DV-2000).

2. Inconsistent loading of T2 projects into T3.

3. Various other bugs that I see being reported.

Hopefully, as I was with T2, I will be happy when some of the bugs are squashed. It is just that the batch capture, print to tape and CG were what I was looking forward to. Now I am not sure I want to upgrade until these issues are dealt with. I have a lot of T2 projects archived and cannot afford to not be able to bring them into T3 as saved. Guess it's a waiting game......Cmon Newtek what was the beta force for??

Pete Draves
08-08-2003, 02:02 PM
I believe there is a patch for win xp so that it recognizes you dv deck

I dont know where i saw but check microsoft web site

pete

RayLarson
08-08-2003, 02:16 PM
Unfortunately, Pete, I use Windows 2000 professional. I will know for sure when I get my update. The deck works fine in Premier 6.0 on the same machine.

ted
08-08-2003, 02:48 PM
Ray, You can bring in old projects into VT3. There might be a couple settings that need tweaked, i.e. shadows, (due to numerous new capabilties that the old projects didn't know they could do, HA).

But that shouldn't scare you unless you go live without playing something first.

As far as the DV issue, I can't help you since I don't do DV.

As far as, "Cmon Newtek what was the beta force for?" Well, I can tell you, it was worth it's weight in gold.

Danner
08-09-2003, 11:24 AM
Most old projects load fine, but some slow down ted or do weird things. I know it's a hassle but you can reinstall T2 if need be, I had to do it for a complex project with lots of cropping and PIP, in t3 it would slow down so badly it was unworkable, but as soon as I rendered that out as one clip I reinstalled t3. It really is so much better, I specially like the way keyframes are handled, I had nightmares about t2's way of handling keyframes.

kleima
08-10-2003, 08:55 PM
You should only have difficulties loading T[2] projects if there are cropped images. The cropped images will be positioned and sized incorrectly.