PDA

View Full Version : FiberFx Issues Part 2

K3d111
11-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Okay this post is adding additional issues from yesterdays post to using FiberFX on existing character.

Today I discovered a disturbing issue. Apparently, morph mixer, subdivision order, and FiberFx do not play well together. If you change the SubD order to anything other than first on your object with hair does not work and actually can cause a fatal crash. The other issue is that FiberFx does something weird to morphmixer and you have to change it to show all morphs under one group in order to work.

Will there ever be a day when LW releases a version that works like it is suppose to the first time?

Issue List:

Hair and Bones (Must turn off hair draw before render)
Hair and Bones (No current way to comb without crashing if you model has bones)
Hair and Bones (BiasVmap do not work)
FiberFx in General (cloning of hair attributes does not work)
FiberFx in General (SubDivsion Order must be set to First; makes for poor morphing)
FiberFx in General (Messes with morph mixer)
Strand Tools (Do not allow use of image maps for control)

This is my list and I am just getting started.... :mad:

cagey5
11-21-2008, 02:00 PM
FiberFx in General (cloning of hair attributes does not work)
:

As I understand it making a clone gives you another set of fibres with the default attributes. If you want it to be the same as the item you are cloning then after cloning 'copy' with the original hilighted and paste with the clone selected.

Chuck
11-21-2008, 02:07 PM
What build are you using? The v9.5 release version?

K3d111
11-21-2008, 03:50 PM
Chuck, I am using 9.5 for a work production copy. In other words, I cannot use the beta version here because the team and farm need to match.

Cagey5, I understand what the cloning tool is suppose to do according to the Fiber_Weightmaps "using weightmaps for styling fibers" video tutorial. The issue is that when you right click to get the option of cloning or default set nothing happens. In other words right clicking does nothing.

I have also been trying to use the FiberFX tools in Modeler, but they are very limited and do not give the same render results. Really the big problem besides the combing issues is the Subdivision order because this means I can not smooth facial animation and have hair.

Chuck
11-21-2008, 05:30 PM
Chuck, I am using 9.5 for a work production copy. In other words, I cannot use the beta version here because the team and farm need to match.

Cagey5, I understand what the cloning tool is suppose to do according to the Fiber_Weightmaps "using weightmaps for styling fibers" video tutorial. The issue is that when you right click to get the option of cloning or default set nothing happens. In other words right clicking does nothing.

I have also been trying to use the FiberFX tools in Modeler, but they are very limited and do not give the same render results. Really the big problem besides the combing issues is the Subdivision order because this means I can not smooth facial animation and have hair.

I thought that had to be the case, as a number of issues cited have been resolved in the version currently in Open Beta, for example the limitation with regard to subdivision order. However, any issues you have, please submit bug reports with steps and content that will reliably reproduce the issue. We're working to eliminate as many issues as possible, as quickly as possible, for the next update release.

Larry_g1s
11-21-2008, 06:40 PM
We're working to eliminate as many issues as possible, as quickly as possible, for the next update release.Just thought I'd say you guys are working your tails off with all these release, and it's much appreciated!

K3d111
11-24-2008, 10:19 AM
Chuck,

Thank you for letting me know that some of these are going to be fixed. I will do my best to report the bugs. The biggest problem with that is my company's unwillingness to allow us to send out scenes or models. I will do what I can.

Any ideas on when 9.5.1 will be released? We are working on a project with a January deadline, and it would be nice to be able to use fiberFX.

Thanks