PDA

View Full Version : FiberFX replacement

user5192
11-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Are there any hair/fur replacements for FiberFX? The 9.5 beta crashes too much.

COBRASoft
11-21-2008, 02:36 PM
SAS from Worley

archijam
11-21-2008, 03:10 PM
The 9.5 beta crashes too much.

Damn those betas! ;)

I trust Chilton to get it running before it goes gold ...

ps. Did the CFM version of 9.3 have SAS lite, or am i imagining it ?

user5192
11-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Damn those betas! ;)

I trust Chilton to get it running before it goes gold ...

ps. Did the CFM version of 9.3 have SAS lite, or am i imagining it ?

SAS lite? Where would I find it?

Chilton
11-21-2008, 10:30 PM
Correct, 9.3 CFM had SasLite. And 9.5.1 CFM in Open Beta does, too, but I'm not going to discuss that in this forum. We have a Universal Binary forum specifically for Open Beta, and that's the only place we should be talking about the beta.

We're at 9.5.1 in the Open Beta, and the issues with FiberFX on the Mac have been largely fixed. If you're still having problems, please file bug reports and/or discuss it only in the UB forum.

Thanks!
-Chilton

archijam
11-22-2008, 04:52 AM
just to be clear, chilton, i was being sarcastic, loving the work you're doing on the ub.

(we have a limited number of smileys these days) :/

user5192
12-01-2008, 04:43 PM
So here's a dumb question: How do I install 9.5 overtop 9.3.2? I downloaded but there's no installer. Do I use the serials off of the box?
I'm new to Mac if you can't tell.

Dan_NT
12-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Please post all questions and discussions about the beta in the beta forums in the future. If you're part of the beta you should have access, if you do not e-mail [email protected]

The download is very light-weight and can be extracted and run from anywhere, it is the complete program. You will need to use your temporary license key however which you can get from http://reg.newtek.com/ or customer service (see below).

user5192
12-01-2008, 06:47 PM
Please post all questions and discussions about the beta in the beta forums in the future. If you're part of the beta you should have access, if you do not e-mail [email protected]

The download is very light-weight and can be extracted and run from anywhere, it is the complete program. You will need to use your temporary license key however which you can get from http://reg.newtek.com/ or customer service (see below).

Sorry about that. Thanks.