PDA

View Full Version : Modeler: merge without weld plugin?

MUCUS
11-20-2008, 01:17 PM
Hello all!

Well maybe is that a basic tool, but I just don't find it in modeler.

Let's say that for example I got 100 points, and I want 99 points to be at the exact position of the 100th point, exactly like the weld command but without destroy the 99 others points.

Is there a tool for that? (excuse the old-newbie question!^^)

RudySchneider
11-20-2008, 01:21 PM
I believe you can Weld (Cntl-w) then Unweld (Cntl-u) to retain the original points.

WilliamVaughan
11-20-2008, 02:48 PM
weld and unweld is a solution.... you coudl also use Set Value to place teh points in a particular position

biliousfrog
11-20-2008, 03:47 PM
...or select all of the points and scale them together...lots of possibilities

MUCUS
11-20-2008, 04:06 PM
Hey thank you for all the answer :)

Actually I'm using the set value technique to place the points, open item info, copy values, then paste on other points, but with many points, it's a bit long, so I've try the snap drag tool which is pretty cool and fast, but sometimes the value of the points is not exactly the same. (Yeah I need them to have exactly the same value to prevent any render problems)

Things I have forget to say is that the object contain morphs, so that the weld and unweld method can't work...argh I know I'm a bit boring but I'm short of time!^^

But for now I'll continue with your techniques, thank you so much! :)

RudySchneider
11-20-2008, 06:04 PM
By the way, you can set the X, Y, and Z values for multiple points all at once! Just select them all, and use the "i" hotkey. You should see something like "multiple" for the existing X, Y, and Z values. Just type the one value you want for each and you're good to go.

martin.s
11-20-2008, 09:35 PM
Shift + g for snap point move tool, then m for merge; works for me

Surrealist.
11-21-2008, 11:53 AM
Hey thank you for all the answer :)

Actually I'm using the set value technique to place the points, open item info, copy values, then paste on other points, but with many points,:)

If there are many points why not select them all at the same time and set value (v on the keyboard) for all of them at the same time? You can create a selection set so that you can reselect them for X Y and Z so you'd have three steps.