PDA

View Full Version : Missing Background

Hiraghm
08-07-2003, 07:55 AM
I just spent 2 days rendering a 2-second animation, and discovered that the background is missing (so much for turning the image viewer off to save time...)

The background I used is the HDRI kitchen scene. It's there when I render a still frame, but it's just the background color when I try to render a series of frames. I don't recall if whether I rendered the still frame using "render current frame" or not.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what may be causing this effect? I hate losing another 2 days re-rendering it, trying to get the backdrop to show, but I hate even more re-rendering it and NOT having the backdrop show.

riki
08-07-2003, 08:39 AM
Do some test frames before you render. Also give respower a try.

Hiraghm
08-07-2003, 10:12 AM
Doing testframes will tell me whether or not it will show up, but it doesn't explain why it *didn't* show up.

I just did another render, took out all of the objects except for one little one, and the background rendered. So now I'm thinking it has something to do with memory.

Hiraghm
08-07-2003, 10:23 AM
I spoke too soon. I rendered just the one object (a bent bottle cap) so as to quickly get the background view from the camera motion. I just loaded it into Aura to composite... it turned out black too (black being my default background color.)

God hates me, that's what it is.

EDIT:

Just took a look at the image I'm using for the background..

Kitchenprobe.pic from the HDR images drawer of Lightwave.

aura won't load it.

So I'm guessing that LW is having problems using it as a backdrop.

Anyone know of a way to convert one of the HDRI pics to .tga?