PDA

View Full Version : question on double sided materials

telamon
08-07-2003, 07:08 AM
I am modelling a dress for a character of mine and I wanted this dress to have two materials (one for the inner surface and one for the outer.

Obviously, I could make a copy of the dress, flip the polys, stretch the outer surface and assign two materials. But this will overload the mesh. I am planning to animate it with MD and I would prefer not to do that.

Is there any shader or something I forgot in the basic LW functions that may assign these two materials to the same surface ?

Thanks in advance

gjjackson
08-07-2003, 09:52 AM
I don't know if this will work for you.

I created a flat plane and created a surface name 'Front'. I gave it a certain color. Brought up the surface editor and the 'Default' I renamed it Back and gave it a second color. To test I saved it and when I reloaded it showed the previous colors when it loaded. It would seems this works like you'd want. When it's reloaded it comes up as a double-sided plane. If you try just using the 'MakeDoubleSided' the surface would be the same on both sides. In looking at the Surface Editor it doesn't show up as double sided but the object shows it being double sided in the viewports, if you have normals turned on.