PDA

View Full Version : Crashes After Rendering

ablackmore
11-19-2008, 08:58 AM
I've got mixed feelings about the 9.5 update as a lot of features have stopped working reliably for me, but I love the new lights and fiberFX (when it works). Recently, I started experiencing a new issue all together. My computer is fine running any other program, but after I render anything in lightwave, regardless of the size, detail or render settings my computer locks up. It usually takes about 1 minute after the render and then completely locks up. It's not the computer as I've run stress tests on it and use other resource intensive software with no issues, but this is a problem! Any ideas?

Also, I'm trying to make renders for large print stills and my two home workstations both run Win XP. They dont have enough memory to render the frame regardless of frame buffer size and both have 2GB of ram, but the computers I use in the lab I work in (Mac Pros with 2X4core Intel with 1.5 GB of ram) seem to have enough memory. Am I missing something or is less memory more?

Hieron
11-19-2008, 02:25 PM
Just a guess:

When it crashes after the render, did you use FFX in that scene, and is that FFX object out of view at that moment?

adamredwoods
11-19-2008, 05:55 PM
If you are able, check the BETA forums for bug fixes within 9.5.1.