PDA

View Full Version : 7.5 Walkcycle

Silgrin4D
11-19-2008, 06:56 AM
Searched LW sites and Googled, but surprisingly found nothing really useful. I started the animation work and really need some stuff to avoid pure trial-and-error approach, especially with "snapping" the feet to the ground, repeating movements, etc. Thus far the best stuff was in the ref man, which shows what I got :devil:

Thus, I will be really thankful for a _working_ link to some LW 7.5 walkcycle tutorial.

Kuzey
11-19-2008, 02:21 PM
There's one on youtube that might be helpful:

it's called "learn to animate a walk cycle tutorial in Lightwave"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7hXZiO3iww

Kuzey

Surrealist.
11-20-2008, 12:10 AM
I think IK Boost came out with LW 8.0 but that does show the poses. Just that you wont be able to follow it directly. William Vaughn has a simple walk cycle tutorial (ftp://ftp.newtek.com/multimedia/movies/w3dw/Walk.mov) that will work with 7.5 that will get you started.

Then you can also make a reverse foot rig that will help. Pretty sure you an do that in 7.5. There is a video on that here. (Not the 9.5 video the one before). You'll find those in the tips and tricks section.

Surrealist.
11-20-2008, 12:54 AM
Also here are two places that will be an aid to you.

In this one (http://www.figuredrawings.com/Animation.html), there are Muybridge image sequences of action in the form of gifs. You can download them and open in an image editor to get the sequences. Put those in the BG and use as a reference.

Then here is a of hand drawing walk tutorial (http://www.joshuarosenstock.com/teaching/GPH213/walkcycle/walk.html). You can do the same thing with these images.

Been researching this myself so I had these things to hand. Hope it helps. :)

Silgrin4D
11-20-2008, 03:00 AM
Thx! The walkcycle tutes are spread on the list in mad places. I got some more, and most of these you mentioned. Hope with this I will manage something... Pity there`s no single web page on this, say, walkcycle in LW 7.5... showing at least the commands needed:P Curious if there are commercial sources like this.

Then you can also make a reverse foot rig that will help. Arghhh, you meant an IK chain, I think... Should recall this myself:P Thanks.

Surrealist.
11-21-2008, 08:18 AM
There used to me a lot more stuff for 7.5 but of course now, most of them have dropped away because people think that they don't apply. But there are many things that do.

If you are having any specific trouble applying things come here and people can help out. Lots of users here familiar with LW 7.5

rapscallion
11-24-2008, 12:30 AM
Hei Surrealist...I just had to comment, 'cuz you are dead on correct...

for some reason, many of the great Lightwave tutorials and vids have gone offline, presumably 'cuz people think they are no longer valid - but that is totally wrong...many of them are still very useful, and a few of them are downright classics...

I was looking for the old Joel Dryer SmartSkin tutorial today and couldn't find it anywhere - luckily, it was stored in one of my old computers that I don't use much anymore...

Silgrin4D, those other links previously posted are all good, and will apply for the most part to 7.5...basics of Lightwave are still fundamentally the same, and probably will be for a long time to come...

good luck!

...wishing the best...from the void...justin.paul.ritter...

Surrealist.
11-24-2008, 03:13 AM
Very True. I agree. I had come back to LightWave and had bought 7.5 upgrade with a free bump to 8.0. So back then many of the 7.5 tuts were still up. There are things that even used to be on the NT site but are not linked anymore. As far as I know they are still on the server and occasionally you can google and pick one up. That walk cycle of Proton's was such a case. Just a matter of digging up someone with a link to the file on the server.