PDA

View Full Version : weird problem: i cant select points,edges& polys

nanchaku619
11-18-2008, 07:27 AM
I have difficulties in selecting vertices, edges & polys. it does not follow what i want to select. all it does is select 2 random points. how does selection works in lightwave?

JeffrySG
11-18-2008, 07:45 AM
You should be able to select what ever geometry you have your mouse over. Depending on what selection mode you are in. Point, Edge, Face. If you hold the shift key down you'll be able to add to the selection if you hold the control key you can remove from the selection. You can also use the right mouse to lasso around geometry.

zippitt
11-18-2008, 08:56 AM
It's kind of hard to tell what might be going on without a screenshot...

I have had similar problems when I had symmetry turned on but the object was not 100% symmetrical.

biliousfrog
11-18-2008, 10:39 AM
There's an issue with selecting sub-patches via lasso select too.

Are you selecting in an orthographic viewport or perspective? Perspective view can sometimes cause problems.

nanchaku619
11-18-2008, 06:24 PM
Here's a screenshot..
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/6/lwvm8.jpg
It doesn't select the point that i want to select. sometimes, it doesn't select at all.

it's weird. when i first used LW, all selection modes works properly.

Surrealist.
11-19-2008, 01:05 AM
Looks like you are using 9.3 64 bit version. Maybe you could sign up for the 9.5 beta and if you still have the problem report it as a bug. Otherwise if could be a graphics card issue. Graphics issues can do strange things to selection display. Have you changed your hardware since it was working last?

Exception
11-19-2008, 05:30 AM
9.5 is released so you could update to that and see if it goes away.
9.5.1 is in beta.

nanchaku619
11-19-2008, 09:38 AM
Graphics issues can do strange things to selection display. Have you changed your hardware since it was working last?

I am using a laptop w/ an intel X3100 graphics card (with the newest driver). the first few times i run lightwave, i can properly select the geometry. maybe i messed up something in the settings.
can i restore lightwave to its original settings?

problems:
-what i select a point, it selects the 2 opposite vertices.
-not accurately selecting lines
-not accurately selecting polys
-takes too long to respond when i select a line or a polygon.

I'll try updating LW, maybe it can solve this weird problem.