PDA

View Full Version : Basic Rendering for TriCaster or SpeedEdit

wjmhtony
11-18-2008, 06:22 AM
I just got Lightwave and I am trying render a simple logo with a transparent background. I rendered once and the colors didn't look good. Now when I render in the same way there isn't a transparent backgound. It's black. I have tried to hit overlay in SpeedEdit and on the TriCaster just as I did the first time but it doesn't work now.

What am I doing wrong? Can someone please post the steps to take to do a simple render. I have even watched the dvd provided for insight. But to no avail.

Thanks

BeeVee
11-18-2008, 06:50 AM
Hi,

Are you rendering to a 32-bit format? When you save your image out you need to be using one of LightWave's image savers with a 32 at the end, not 24 (like PNG32 not PNG24).

B

wjmhtony
11-18-2008, 09:54 AM
Hello,

Yes I am doing as mentioned above. I am still getting the black background on the final animation.

I didn't change any settings from the first time I rendered... I don't think. I just need the logo of text I made to fly in over video.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. It worked for me the first time. All I did to modify the file was to change the color of the text.