PDA

View Full Version : UKers - DCA Issue #1 ???

colkai
08-07-2003, 04:40 AM
Does anyone in the UK have a copy of the Digital Creative arts Issue #1 they don't wish to keep?
Or can you get hold of one still at your local newsagent?

I picked up DCA #2 at the weekend and the back-issues are not yet available (nor is the website - but I digress).

I would love to read the article on making the guitar body, I can pretty much grasp most of it by deconstructing the supplied model, but I'd love to see the whole thing.

Send me a PM or email colkai_AT_dsl_DOT_pipex_DOT_com

Ta!

(Sorry 'bout the email addy - but I'm getting spammed to death!)

badllarma
08-07-2003, 06:05 AM
colkai

you found one:confused:
You know I've been in the biggest WH Smiths in the North West and not one had a bloody copy! Is it worth the buy BTW?

andy

colkai
08-07-2003, 07:18 AM
I found DCA #2 in our local WHSmiths, but that's the only place.
I've noticed their copies of Digit and 3DWorld seem to be selling quickly too, must be more of us about! ;)

I called the number for back issues, but they said "they haven't come in yet" - Huh? I wonder if they are all returned copies from newsagents?

I know it's a grey area, but I'd be happy with a scan of the relevant pages at a decent res. :(

It seems to cover a lot of ground but for me, there wasn't much I found useful. Lots on sampling this month as it covers both audio and video.

If I can make it on the finalized date - I'll bring the remainder of it with me to the next meeting, (I just tore out the LW section this morning ;) - I bind all my LW stuff together, as I use a thermal binder for the wildlife centre stuff. Plus - it saves all those bits of paper in a box! (Not to mention loads of space) :p

bobakabob
08-07-2003, 07:29 AM
It's a really good mag, full of useful info and tutorials... I'd thoroughly recommend it.

Colkai, I bought issue 1, and will send you the scans by tomorrow...

colkai
08-07-2003, 08:30 AM
Thanks Bob - you're a star!
:D :D :D