PDA

View Full Version : plugin missing

zack
02-24-2003, 12:42 PM
I got the following plugin missing error that i totally couldn't figure it out---->no plugin of type customobjhandler found with name sliders. and also--->no plugin of type itemmotionhandler found with name SimpleOrientConstraints.
I already search plugin by sliders.p name but nothing coming out.
i really appreciate if you guys can find a solution for this.

Skonk
02-24-2003, 12:47 PM
AFAIK sliders are part of CustObjects.p which resides in x:\Lightwave\Plugins\Utility

James..

zack
02-24-2003, 04:05 PM
Hi james

i looked into that but all i have under CustObjects.p are camera mask,effector,frame rate, range finder,ruler and speedometer.
would you be kind enough to email me Sliders and SimpleOrientConstraint or tell me where can i find it anywhere on the web?

Skonk
02-24-2003, 05:41 PM
Sorry my mistake, Sliders are part of itemshape.p which again is found in your Plugins\Utility folder.

U wont find them on the net as they are a standard part of lightwave,

James..

Skonk
02-24-2003, 05:43 PM
Just to add, lightwave isn't like most of the programs out there that use plugins, u have to manually add the plugins or lightwave wont be able to use them. Best thing to do is to goto the Layout menu, select plugins then Edit plugins and hit the scan directory button. Point it to your plugins folder and hit ok, this will install every plugin in that folder and any subfolders within it.

James..

kevman3d
02-24-2003, 11:01 PM
Zack... What version of LightWave are you running?

Sliders I believe came with 7.0, and SimpleOrientEffectors is part of the 7.5 update. If you're running anything below 7.0, you are probably out of luck.

zack
02-25-2003, 06:00 AM
thanks for your input but im still out of luck.
Im running version 7 and i did search and add all single plugins that i have under my lightwave folder but nothing coming out as Sliders. All i have under itemshape.p are item shape,protractor and proxypick.

Skonk
02-25-2003, 06:18 AM
Firstly if your running 7.0 u should really download the 7.5 update since its free. ItemShape.p adds 9 plugins when i install it, and sliders is part of that so i really dont know whats going wrong with yours. Not really sure what else u could try other than re-installing it.

James..