PDA

View Full Version : How many L wavers bought int VUE xStream 7

animotion
11-16-2008, 11:00 AM
How many of you Lightwavers bought int VUE xStream 7?
And also, have any of you been able to properly sync with it yet?
I think that feature is busted.

Thanks

Animotion

JohnMarchant
11-16-2008, 11:27 AM
No Chance, i will wait at least 6 months till bugs and updates are sorted out. There are still many complaints and bugs from what i hear and at this price hike i dont think so

JohnMarchant
11-16-2008, 11:30 AM
Terragen 2 may see the light of day, this combined with HD Instance will probably serve my needs and at allot less price

virtualcomposer
11-16-2008, 12:00 PM
taragen 2 has definately got my vote. I think it would be funny if it out sold e-on!

rakker16mm
11-16-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm not criticizing Vue7 X because if I didn't have Vue6 X, I would probably buy it, but I do have Vue6 and it does everything I currently need it to. Plus I have good compositing software which cost me a lot less than the Vue7 X upgrade price. On the other hand if things really begin to take off and I have some money to spare then why not get it? It's never a bad idea to keep your software current.

starbase1
11-16-2008, 12:43 PM
Terragen 2 may see the light of day, this combined with HD Instance will probably serve my needs and at allot less price

I hope so, but it seems stuck in an eternal alpha state at the moment...
Nick

JohnMarchant
11-16-2008, 02:07 PM
taragen 2 has definately got my vote. I think it would be funny if it out sold e-on!

Dont get me wrong im not saying that Terragen 2 will be Vue 7, Vue 7 has allot more options, but for what i want Vue 6 which i have and Terragen 2 which i dont have will provide for my needs at allot less price.

I hope Vue 7 does well, it better do for the price hike, i just cant see it justifying the price.

JohnMarchant
11-16-2008, 02:08 PM

Dont get me wrong im not saying that Terragen 2 will be Vue 7, Vue 7 has allot more options, but for what i want Vue 6 which i have and Terragen 2 which i dont have will provide for my needs at allot less price.

I hope Vue 7 does well, it better do for the price hike, i just cant see it justifying the price.

Wonder when Autodesk will buy them ;););)

starbase1
11-18-2008, 09:57 AM
Looks like teragen's moved on to beta!
http://www.flay.com/GetDetail.cfm?ID=835

It would be seriously cool if they could get it out before the 'cheap' Vue offer expires...

JohnMarchant
11-18-2008, 10:59 AM
Looks like teragen's moved on to beta!
http://www.flay.com/GetDetail.cfm?ID=835

It would be seriously cool if they could get it out before the 'cheap' Vue offer expires...

Yeah it would be but to be honest i still would rather have Terragen combined with HD Instance and the new program Veggiepaint. It would all cost less than Vue 7 and can be used for so much more.

Verlon
11-19-2008, 09:23 PM
I have Vue 6 Xstream, but am having a tough time choking down that upgrade price on V7 xstream, but do not see myself being happy with V7 Complete.

The only thing I see that I would really like from V7 is better integration with Lightwave, which is sort of what they promised with V6.

I do not wish to be negative, but unless there is something AMAZING I have overlooked in V7, there is nothing to justify that giant price increase, especially in tough economic times.

And besides, its a freakin nightmare getting all my plants to work every time I upgrade or re-install. The copy protected content system is far more hassle than it should be.

nanaboso
11-20-2008, 12:38 AM
If you've bought the items from Cornucopia you now have the option to download all items locked to your license in one go. And if you want to do so because you have upgraded to 7, there's also this message: "Attention: if you're re-downloading your content because you upgraded from Vue 6 to Vue 7, you don't need to do so! Your Vue 6 content should work directly in Vue 7 without having to re-download."
As for the upgrade price from 6 to 7, I don't think it's so bad. The price for buying a new license, now that is indeed steep for a hobbyist like myself.
I loved Terragen 6 years ago, and I would love for it to come up to the standard of Vue. But, from what I see regarding rendertimes in the planetsides forums, if you think Vue is slow you won't like these. And there is no integration a pair with what Xstream gives me.

Verlon
11-20-2008, 03:05 AM
If you've bought the items from Cornucopia you now have the option to download all items locked to your license in one go. And if you want to do so because you have upgraded to 7, there's also this message: "Attention: if you're re-downloading your content because you upgraded from Vue 6 to Vue 7, you don't need to do so! Your Vue 6 content should work directly in Vue 7 without having to re-download."

"Should" being the operative word in that statement. This is also what I was told in the upgrade to V6, but "should" is in conflict with reality. So far, reality is still winning.

As for the upgrade price from 6 to 7, I don't think it's so bad. The price for buying a new license, now that is indeed steep for a hobbyist like myself. I loved Terragen 6 years ago, and I would love for it to come up to the standard of Vue. But, from what I see regarding rendertimes in the planetsides forums, if you think Vue is slow you won't like these. And there is no integration a pair with what Xstream gives me.

$395 to make the program do what they promised when I gave them the last $395 is a bit steep, in my book, especially with reports that V7 is still bug-laden, only now you'll get to pay again for V7.5 to fix the bugs.

I am not saying I will not buy it, but I will wait until I see reports saying how amazing it is instead of people cursing the same crashes they got in Vue 6. My experience with Vue has really made me appreciate how Newtek treats me as a customer.

But yeah, Vue does turn in some amazing images.....when you can convince it to.

wsantiago
11-21-2008, 08:03 AM
A Fool And His Money Should Soon Part.

nanaboso
11-21-2008, 09:45 AM
I just copied the stuff I've bought from the Vue6 maps into the according Vue7 maps, and they're working in Vue7 as they did in Vue6.