PDA

View Full Version : "Drag Tool w/Point Radial" make standalone tool

erikals
11-14-2008, 04:58 AM
imo the Drag Tool - Falloff/ Point Radial should be a standalone tool
instead of being merged with the current tool.

i use this a lot for tweaking, and always having to go back and forth changing between "Point Radial" and "Point" shouldn't be necessary.

artstorm
11-14-2008, 05:03 AM
Drag Net Tool, is the Drag Tool with a Point Radial. So I believe the already existing Dragnet is what you're looking for. :)

erikals
11-14-2008, 05:39 AM
I'm not sure if that is funny or sad....
...but I'm laughing... :D... sort of... :o

wacom
11-15-2008, 01:14 PM
IMHO it should be a selectable component that works independently with any major transform tool. AKA- I select points, tick off in the main lower frame "prox" and set a radius (in real unit space too), and then choose anything I want, such as the bend tool, rotate tool etc and have it working with that proximity.

The great thing about this is you'd only have to set it once unless it needed to change, so when you switch tools it would just stay on unless you turned it off. For this to work it REALLY needs to be up front and proper all the time.

Being able to adjust the curve of the fall off and even animate that would be extra super duper kudos bonus rounds madness.

For every tool that effects the SRT of points (and there for polygons and edges) I say! Oops- just re-read what you first posted- MAKE THAT I AGREE!