PDA

View Full Version : Another DS Sketch...and a crude animation "sketch"

wacom
11-13-2008, 06:17 PM
I've been lax about posting any DS Colors! sketches as of late. Has anyone used the version for the ipodtouch and iphone? Just wondering if it's any better- as in the device is easier to use etc.

Anyway- here's the sketch...

PS- beware of the new iDS- right now there are no flash cards (like the R4DS) supported on it...stick with the old guy or get an iphone/ipod touch!

wacom
11-13-2008, 06:27 PM
So here is the latest and not so quiet so greatest Animanatee sketch animation. There are some serious weak parts timing and pose wise (lack of dynamism/curves) that unfortunately can't be blamed on the program...and I'm not even getting into volume issues etc.

Anyway- for me it's a very small personal milestone of sorts as far as hand drawn animation goes, but please- if anyone has any crits they are more than welcome. It's much easier for me to take a crit on something I scribbled out on a DS than something I slaved away on in three-DDD! I'm talking any kind of advice you can give a noob animator!

Let's put it this way- I'm in the first grade when it comes to this kind of animation. That also means I'm thrilled like a kid would be over seeing animated scribbles...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir7v6-OVLVU

The rest of them:

http://www.youtube.com/user/gidkideon

ncr100
01-24-2009, 07:42 PM
I've been lax about posting any DS Colors! sketches as of late. Has anyone used the version for the ipodtouch and iphone? Just wondering if it's any better- as in the device is easier to use etc.

Anyway- here's the sketch...

WHOA. That is nice.

All this on an NDS.

Greenlaw
01-25-2009, 03:13 AM
Hey Wacom,

The animation was fun! Nice illustration too.

As for the iPhone/iTouch version of Colors!, I haven't used it, but I understand that these devices do not have pressure sensitivity. Jens somehow worked around this by taking advantage of the devices' accelerometer, which I don't quite get how that works, but I'm seeing very nice work done with it over at the Colors! gallery (http://colors.collectingsmiles.com/). I guess it's one of those things you just have to try yourself to understand.

(I've been trying to get a friend to install it on his iPhone but he hasn't done it yet.) :)

Ztreem
02-16-2009, 03:58 PM
I have Colors! on my ipod touch and it works fine, it's not as easy as I can imagine it is on a pressure sensitive screen, you also have to draw with your index finger and it's a little big so it's quite hard to do precise details. Other than that it's just fine, you get used to it quite fast, I enjoy it very much.

Edit: Sorry Wacom, I forgot to say something about your great work, it's very nice.

geothefaust
02-16-2009, 11:53 PM
Dude, that is seriously amazing. I don't know how you do it, but you have some mad skills.

Got any other groovy shizbots you can show?

Roadwarrior
02-18-2009, 05:10 AM
Cool Animations dude!:thumbsup:

sampei
03-15-2009, 02:00 PM
wow, you done all of that on the DSs' tiny screen ? o_o

geothefaust
03-15-2009, 02:31 PM
wow, you done all of that on the DSs' tiny screen ? o_o

Cool huh?

You can zoom in and such. It's actually pretty neat to work on.