PDA

View Full Version : bones in modeler?

Lottmedia
11-12-2008, 06:29 PM
is there some type of modeler plug-in that allows you to use an item, like a spline or something to deform a mesh like bones in Layout? Does that make sense? I can't find anythign that will let me adjust a mesh in that way.

C :cat:

geothefaust
11-12-2008, 06:31 PM
I think PLG IK does something like that, but my knowledge of that plugin is limited.

Sekhar
11-12-2008, 07:53 PM
Well, you could deform with bones in Layout and save trans object to create a deformed copy. But I guess this isn't what you're looking for.

Castius
11-12-2008, 08:06 PM
It's called rotate skelegon under the setup tab. But you need to setup weight maps for it to work.

And there is spline guide for spline editing mesh. Under the modify tab under transforms/"more"

SplineGod
11-12-2008, 10:47 PM
Pictrix has a free plugin called C-bend that will conform an object to a spline.

Lottmedia
11-14-2008, 01:41 PM
PLG, i thought was all Layout tools, and I'd like to stay in Modeler without rigging the object in layout. I'm not looking for all bones, I just want a tool in modeler that will deform like a bone. Pictrix site is a mess, my japanese is purely spoken, cannot read for anythign :) There was a plug-in site I remember like flay with all their plug-ins on it but I don't remember where it was to try out the c-bend but I think I remember that one not being what I was looking for.

C :cat:

adamredwoods
11-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Sounds like a neat feature we need to have!

SplineGod
11-15-2008, 12:06 AM
You can also use bones in layout and other deformers like editfx to alter a mesh then use save transformed if needed.