PDA

View Full Version : Vue 7 will not work

barryfleming
11-11-2008, 02:01 PM
Has anyone else tried running Vue 7 xtreme in Vista 64 bit? It keeps telling me I've given it the wrong Activation number. When I go to run it in demo mode it crashes. I've reinstalled Vista and installed the service pack. Of course I've left a message for e-on that should be answered in less than a month, if I keep after them. Thanks for any help.

dballesg
11-11-2008, 02:08 PM
Hi,

You need to run xStream Standalone as an Administrator at least once to take your activation number.

David

barryfleming
11-11-2008, 05:53 PM
When you say stand alone, you mean just Vue? If so, I've done that, I've yet to try running it through Lightwave (can't wait for all those problems). I've got it to accept all the codes, it congradulates me and then crashes when I run the program. I've got it running fine in demo mode on my laptop running xp.

It's obvious eon loves taking my money but not caring if the program works. Everytime I've tried in the past to get help on anything they've made me wait 3 to 4 days or ignored me altogether. I wish I didn't love this program.

Thanks for the help.

dballesg
11-12-2008, 01:39 AM
Hi,

Yes I was meaning Vue by itself not inside LW.

I have mine here running fine on Vista Business 64 bits, and I run both 32 bits and 64 bits, inside LightWave and as Standalone Vue Infinite.

What specs is your machine? And you graphic card drivers. In the past those give me a llot of hadaches with xStram 6 crashing.

Mine it is a Quad6600, 8GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT Forceware Drivers 178.24.

David

barryfleming
11-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Here's what I have

nvidia GeForce 7800 GT
8 gigs ram
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU
2.40GHz

E-on is answering my tickets but have no answers. If I do any tweaking to the water settings, it crashes. It crashes sooner or later no matter what I do. 14 hours and over 10 installs, reinstall Vista twice, time to just give up.

Works great on my 1.2 ghz XP laptop.

dballesg
11-12-2008, 04:12 PM
Hi barry,

I don't know what to suggest. You have a system very similar to mine, except your graphics card. But it is an Nvidia as well.

Are you using the NVidia 178.24 drivers or older ones?

David

barryfleming
11-12-2008, 06:05 PM
Thanks David, I was pretty sure they were up to date, but downloaded the most recent drivers and still crashes. No way of testing it now as it's giving me the bad activation number message and when I try to use the new installation code it tells me I've used my 5 tries. I've never had any software give me this much trouble in 25 years! Know any good anger management classes I can take? Thanks again for you help.

mac
11-12-2008, 06:53 PM
It's obvious eon loves taking my money but not caring if the program works. Everytime I've tried in the past to get help on anything they've made me wait 3 to 4 days or ignored me altogether. I wish I didn't love this program.

Thanks for the help.

I can't help you Barry but I certainly understand your frustration with EON.

barryfleming
11-13-2008, 12:25 AM
This has got me right confused. If I run Vue and just let it sit, it will sooner or later (within 3 minutes) crash every time. If I can get a render started before it crashes, it will finish the render and won't crash until I cancel the preview of the render. Right now I'm rendering frame 20 of a 600 frame animation and it looks like it will finish. I have to create the scenes on my xp laptop.

dballesg
11-13-2008, 02:20 AM
Hi Barry,

If it finishes the rendering, try this File > Options > Enable Background Draw, and turn it OFF.

That was causing problems on xStream 6. And turning it off make it more stable. I know you are using xStream 7, but trying will not do nay harm! :)

It could be that e-on gave you a bad installation number? Contact them and asking if that is possible.

David

barryfleming
11-13-2008, 07:49 AM
The enable background draw has been disabled all along. The techs are wondering about a wrong installation number so you might have something there. They're going to download Vue using my serial so they can trouble shoot.
Thanks again for trying to help.

JohnMarchant
11-14-2008, 12:39 AM
Well as i and a few others expected. Im glad i didnt buy into it. I know this does not help you mate. Their priceing policy and all reflects the fact that ILM et al now use it so they think they can charge more.

Not for buggy software, went through all this with Vue 6 and not again.

barryfleming
11-14-2008, 08:38 AM
It looks as though my problem is partly solved. They did some tests and found I was using the wrong Vue 6 serial. When I purchased the Vue 6 side grade I purchased the wrong version, was then given the proper version, and the wrong serial was burnt. I had been using the proper Vue 6 serial but just recently tried the old one to trouble shoot. Now that I use the proper one (again) it doesn't crash. Why it didn't work the first 10 times I don't know.

I guess their anti pirate system (joke of the industry) randomly crashes the program when it detects a burnt serial number. Not very intelligent on their part as they give me no message indicating why the program crashes. So anyone trying out a pirated version with thoughts of purchasing would assume the program is full of bugs.

I will give eon credit, they did spend some time on me and came across as concerned. I'm still having problems with it saying I have a bad activation code (after rebooting). If the installation code is one they've given me before, I then I enter the matching activation code. If not, I keep trying until it gives me one that I have on record. Once this is done I can shut it down and restart no problems, until I reboot. I've started a new ticket concerning this problem, but no response so far.

I bought this version mainly because it was supposed to render at 4 times the speed. I don't have Vue 6 installed to compare, but I have a hard time believing it's even twice as fast. I like a lot of the new options, but for the price they could have included more sample scenes, especially for the new features.

barryfleming
11-14-2008, 04:10 PM
I'm still having the activation code problem, but other than that the program seems far more stable (less crashes) than Vue 6. I'll give an update after I've put it through some grueling tests. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Andyjaggy
11-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Good luck guys.