PDA

View Full Version : Vue tarrain to Lightwave

neuromancer
11-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Hi everybody:

Itīs posible to export a terrain created in vue into lightwave without millons polygons and whitout lossing detail? I mean, export a low res mesh but with a displacement map that I can use in LW to get the same terrain detail that in Vue.

Thanks in advice :)

Bytehawk
11-11-2008, 03:30 PM
at the moment you will need that geometry,

even if you use a low res mesh, you'll need to subdivide it at render time to be able to displace it...

neuromancer
11-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Ok, Thanks. I know that I need a subdivide mesh to get the displace, but this works better than full geometry. Iīve tried with a 230mb lwo mesh and its hard to work, a similar subdivision mesh works better in layout. Any advice?

Bytehawk
11-12-2008, 05:54 AM
it's been a very long time, but I think vue exports a displacement map for terain. You should just make a square patch of subd quads and map the displacement onto that.

I can't verify this because I dissed Vue, can't seem to get my head around the way it works for more advanced stuff.

neuromancer
11-12-2008, 09:02 AM
I suppose that you are talking about Vue 7, isnīt it?

starbase1
11-21-2008, 07:58 AM
Seems to me all you need to do, any version, is assign a texture from white at the highest point to black at the lowest and render out a view from overhead...

flux71
02-04-2009, 12:28 AM
how the heck do you paint echo systems in LW 9.6 through the Vue menu tabs.

have found how to load plants one by one , but not any where i can paint instances.

is this even possible in this relm?? or do i have to do it all in vue stand alone and export the scene back to LW??

any help appreciated.

steve y

dballesg
02-04-2009, 02:14 AM
how the heck do you paint echo systems in LW 9.6 through the Vue menu tabs.

have found how to load plants one by one , but not any where i can paint instances.

is this even possible in this relm?? or do i have to do it all in vue stand alone and export the scene back to LW??

any help appreciated.

steve y

Sadly you can't paint instances inside of LW. As you said you need to do it on the standalone and sent back the scene to LW.

David

marchermitte
03-09-2009, 10:41 PM
I bought vue 7 for that too... what a disapointement when I realized It concerned onlly 3D max and C4d!!! Painting echosystem and then bringing them into lightwave is a hassle and doesn't work too well!