PDA

View Full Version : Add Save Buffers to Render Global Output Tab

dwburman
11-10-2008, 04:24 PM
The Output tab on the Render Globals panel gives us the option to save Animation files, RGB files and Alpha/Matte files. If we want to save other files we have to use an Image Filter that's hidden away in the Image Processing panel. Also, if you aren't using a file format that supports extra channels (PSD, RLA, etc) you need to add multiple copies of 'Image Buffer Export'

Wouldn't it be better to add an 'advanced' tab to the output options so all the file savers are in the same place?

Panikos
11-10-2008, 11:37 PM
Actually everything is related to the Camera. But you cant clutter the Camera Menu with everything. RGB and Alpha are the more frequent formats. If you add them all you will need 3 monitors to accommodate the large menu.

jeric_synergy
03-15-2009, 08:35 PM
The Output tab on the Render Globals panel gives us the option to save Animation files, RGB files and Alpha/Matte files. If we want to save other files we have to use an Image Filter that's hidden away in the Image Processing panel. Also, if you aren't using a file format that supports extra channels (PSD, RLA, etc) you need to add multiple copies of 'Image Buffer Export'

Wouldn't it be better to add an 'advanced' tab to the output options so all the file savers are in the same place?

ABSOLUTELY. No question. We could type for ours about just this subject, but I hope somebody somewhere wrote a plugin to do it.

faulknermano
03-19-2009, 12:43 AM
I'd rather break the whole thing wide open: if you are familiar with Denis Pontonnier's GetExtraBuffer nodes and the custom-buffer workflow that it provides, then you'd know this is a better direction. Sure, open up the standard buffers, but the user-defined 'buffers' ought to be considered, too. As for interface, I think the Output module of should be represented as an input node, where rendered buffers (that are evaluated beforehand) are can be plugged into them. The Output node can be a single node can expands per connection, or multiple instances of these nodes determine how many image sequences are going to be saved. Either way, it's completely modular, flexible, and, I think, still easy to understand.