PDA

View Full Version : Soldier - Troop 251

MAUROCOR
11-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Hi, guys!

Finally after so many time I could finish the soldier scene that I wanted.
First of all I thought to do some kind of desert scene but visually it wouldn┤t be very interesting in this case so I decided to create a interior scene (specificly in an arid region of the desert). I put the soldier of the troop 251 (known as hell troop too) into a destroyed house.

If you want to see the high resolution image here is the link:

http://www.maurocor.com/imagens/stuff/soldier_high.jpg

Critics and comments are welcome as always. Thanx!

http://www.maurocor.com/imagens/stuff/soldier_final.jpg

Mitja
11-10-2008, 02:58 AM
Neat! I say it's perfect!

3DGFXStudios
11-10-2008, 04:29 AM
Very nice model and rendering. Just one thing about the posing. It looks like he's faling over a bit. It's not really a natural pose.

archijam
11-10-2008, 05:20 AM
Very nice. In fact, so nice I am going to come out and say: I hate the belt! :) Just doesn't suit the rest of the suit with those boxes tacked on...

The bulging, almost inflated armour is a unique style, reminds me of the Freemen concept for the stillsuits. :thumbsup:

Very nice model and rendering. Just one thing about the posing. It looks like he's faling over a bit. It's not really a natural pose.

It's called pelvic thrust.

shadowlock
11-11-2008, 08:48 AM
Very cool!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

If you're really wanting critiques?? Maybe a flip down more hightech looking goggles. These look a little more WWII?? or maybe its just me :dance:

Very nice though :D

Heavyduty
11-13-2008, 04:50 AM
its the helmet that gives you that vibe.

MAUROCOR
11-14-2008, 09:50 AM
_Mitja- Thanks, Mitja, I am glad you liked!

_3DGFXStudios- Thanks for your repply, if I have time I will try a diferent pose.

_archijam- You have a point. When I was creating this model the belt made sense to me ( it would be something with supplyes) but you are not the one who complained about it so if I create another scene I will change this. Thanks for your comment.

_shadowlock- Hi, shadow! I don┤t know but I really like this kinda style, really.

_Heavyduty- It is very possible.

bluerider
11-14-2008, 09:59 AM
MAUROCOR,
I think the quality of your textured and lighting are superb. The staging also professional. You have a very skilled professional finish all round...awesome.

My only criticism is he gives the body language of a T2000. Its human flesh wrapped on organic liquid metal.

I think to get greater emphany at an emotional level for the viewer, you need to get the "humanity" of this character.

Even if hes tough and mean, I think there should be a war weariness of some sort about this character.

zapper1998
11-14-2008, 10:49 AM
pretty sweet

shadowlock
11-14-2008, 12:01 PM
_shadowlock- Hi, shadow! I don┤t know but I really like this kinda style, really.

I was just being a critic, which means that I can randomly complain but not actually do the work to match the subject. You know like all critics :) Trust me I can not even approach theis level of detail in my models at the moment :D Awsome image!

caesar
11-14-2008, 03:37 PM
Great character, lightning and render!

Um grande abrašo!

GuZZLo
11-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Really nice. But he should have a cup to cover up his important parts! :)

Hopper
11-15-2008, 06:48 PM
Speaking of cups... Pose him with a coffe cup with a label on it saying "How about a nice big cup of shut the F up" ... :D

Excellent work.