PDA

View Full Version : Large Scene bug :(:(:(

matts152
11-08-2008, 10:34 PM
I have a large scene here, 8 million polys, lots of textures, etc..... Something wierd is happening. For some reason, after a certain point of working on the scene, any object i load into the scene, shows up fine in viewport, but will not show up at all in render, even when I do F11 object only render. Also, I can take out every other object in scene, and still no render. I can even take out ALL objects, then load a completely different object, and no render.

Lightwave is adding a line in the scene file after "Group" called ItemActive 0

When this line is removed it seems to fix the problem.

BUT, in the large scene from where all of this came from, Anything I add to this scene gets the ItemActive 0 tag on it, and will not show up....

Any ideas? :help:

BloodQuest
11-09-2008, 12:57 AM
ItemActive 0 is what's written to the Scene file when the object is unchecked in the Scene Editor.

Perhaps this is LW's subtle way of telling you that you've gone over the top?

Eight million polygons does sound a little excessive...

Can you break the scene down into layers and composite the renders?

Simon

SplineGod
11-09-2008, 01:16 AM
Which version of LW?

matts152
11-09-2008, 08:21 AM
Its lightwave 9.5,

I thought it was lightwave telling me i might be over the top too, but when i unloaded all the other objects in the scene, it still wouldnt render the last loded object. When i edit the scene in wordpad, and delete the row "ItemActive" and save that, then lightwave renders that object again, and anything i load after that point. But in the Real scene, anything i load into it at this point will not render, even if its just a box. I think I cloned something it didnt like, or something wierd heppened. I can go back one revision, and load in things fine. This is just kinda wierd.

It shouldn't be a ram problem or anything CPU related, ..

Running x64 bit, and 12 gigs of ram, i still 5 available.

dual Quad CPU's

SplineGod
11-09-2008, 11:48 AM
The release version should never have been released. Too many things wrong with it.

ByHook
11-10-2008, 11:33 AM
I had the same issue with a large scene in LW 9.5 and 9.3.1.

I sent the scene over to tech support, but I never really got a follow up from them.

I did see in a beta update that they did some stuff to the scene editor and how it loads data. Have you tried a recent build of the beta?

jackany
11-20-2008, 06:30 AM
... after a certain point of working on the scene, any object i load into the scene, shows up fine in viewport, but will not show up at all in render...

I can confirm this behaviour!!!
Although most of the time F9 renders fine after activating the objects.
If I do a Network Render, the objects are deactivated again! That's horror!

First I thought it was the scene file that was damaged, but if I remove most of the objects and cameras, everything is ok again.

It is still an issue, and not a small one! :eek:

Cannot talk more about this here, because this is happening with the latest Beta builds too...