PDA

View Full Version : dragging keyframes in timeline - 9.5

biliousfrog
11-08-2008, 05:46 AM
I'm not sure if this is fixed in the beta but I can't seem to drag keyframes anymore with the little pop-up timeline gadget, they just stick there or move wildly all over the place.

steve0077
11-10-2008, 11:14 AM
Did you first select the keyframe then try dragging.

biliousfrog
11-10-2008, 11:24 AM
yes, I've submitted a bug report and they're already aware of the problem and working on it.

multipass
11-10-2008, 04:25 PM
You're not alone, its very annoying. I usually end up popping open the scene or graph editor to move key frames now =(

steve0077
11-10-2008, 04:41 PM
I just try it on my LW9.5 install and it seems to work fine. Open the pop up dope panel, selected a key, put my mouse on selected key and drag up and down the timeline. Also selected multible keyframes, put my mouse on any of the selected keyframes and drag them all at once.

The keyframes have to be selected where the little box lites up on the keyframe first and then you have to left click on the lit box to drag it.

Not trying to be a smarta** Just trying to help.

biliousfrog
11-11-2008, 06:04 AM
well you're a very lucky guy, I used to use that feature a lot but, as multipass said, I've been constantly loading the keyframes into the graph editor.

It's like the keys are held by Acme glue, you select them, grab the handle and pull but nothing happens...then, after a pause and when the mouse is at the end of the timeline, the key flies along the timeline and sticks at a random frame somewhere else.

I've actually been using Maestro a lot recently and the key editor on that works great, I didn't realise until yesterday that it shows the keys for any selected item, not just the character's controls.

ericsmith
11-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Yup.

I gotta say, I almost wish we had initially released Maestro without even including the character rigging stuff, and then later added it on as a "by the way, here's something else you can do with Maestro" kind of thing.

But I guess since most of the stuff like the keyframe editor and some of the other advanced features didn't even come about until version 2, so maybe that wouldn't have made sense after all...

Eric