PDA

View Full Version : Vue7 Xstream in LW 9.5 video

tonybliss
11-06-2008, 05:54 PM
http://themindgatestudio.net/

link next to under reconstruction notice

shows vue in lw, perfect integration, very stable and animatble vue objects :)

Netvudu
11-06-2008, 07:23 PM
Donīt wanna be the fun spoiler here, but itīs actually taking more than a minute to render an ultra-lo resolution render. It smells like reeeeeally sloooooow reeeendeeeers.

But the integration looks great in that video. We canīt see non-Vue elements there though...

tonybliss
11-06-2008, 09:13 PM
3800 Dual core, 2 Gb Ram(multiple apps running including camtasia), 200 Gb Hd (almost full)

non Vue elements wil be my sencond demo ... with CA

archijam
11-07-2008, 02:04 AM
Enthused by this !!! ;)

Mitja
11-07-2008, 09:11 AM
Is it possible to paint ecosystems on LW objects, like in 3ds?

Larry_g1s
11-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Thanks for posting it. You might want to check out Jing by TechSmith. They are the same makers of Camtasia, and Jing is basically a free lite version of it. It does audio and can save as an .flv. Only draw back is it will only do up to 5 minutes of video. I'd really like to see more though. I've always been interested in the Xstream version, but could never make the jump do to hearing the render times and instability issues, so it'd be interesting to see how the new version stacks up.

ben martin
11-07-2008, 09:47 AM
Is it possible to paint ecosystems on LW objects, like in 3ds?
No, it is not! This and other things that you can do in MAX / C4D and not in LW (Newtek lack of Lightwave features/engineering support).

I also upgraded and I am very disappointed.
I'm going to keep xStream 6.60 under production till 7 comes out of this ALPHA (paid) testing phase (that's what it looks like - Alpha testing phase).

XStream 7 was prematurely released.
It is very bug crowded and a lot of stuff are missing in the installation folders.
So, if one is planning to use it in production, just quit for now! :thumbsdow

Mitja
11-07-2008, 10:00 AM
No, it is not! This and other things that you can do in MAX / C4D and not in LW (Newtek lack of Lightwave features/engineering support).

That's really cool! Nice to know anyways.

wsantiago
11-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Vue is a money pit. Terrible support. No way of getting info out of them. Pay for support and all that you be doing is paying them to give them a bug report. Burn me once, shame on you, burn me twice, shame on me. But if you want to part with your money go for it.

archijam
11-07-2008, 11:01 AM
No, it is not! This and other things that you can do in MAX / C4D and not in LW (Newtek lack of support)

also maya has these problems.

Paul_Boland
11-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Vue is a money pit. Terrible support. No way of getting info out of them. Pay for support and all that you be doing is paying them to give them a bug report. Burn me once, shame on you, burn me twice, shame on me. But if you want to part with your money go for it.

Is Vue really that bad? I was considering getting it, the Infitate edition, not Xstream. Any thoughts appreciated.

tonybliss
11-07-2008, 01:51 PM
well i am using it right now in a production environment and no crashes yet .... it works

no eco systems atm for LW, maya and XSI due to SDK limitation by the respeive softwares ... Vue is working with them atm to get the hooks otherwise ALL other features are available for each integrated software .. LW version works great so far .. and integration renderer is faster than that of vue XS 6

Guess you will have to wait to see other peoples set ups to see .. i can't see why it would give Ben M so much trouble ...

Anticipation is the crock of it all ... be free and expect the best

I put up another tut that shows how to create keyboard shortcuts for LW/Vue Xstream 7

wsantiago
11-07-2008, 02:15 PM
What is it that you are producing or have produce using xstream.

tonybliss
11-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Animated Ecards --- will put up finals at the end of this month

Television animated series .. wil not give details at this moment on it .. but using the limits .... using XSI for this though and Vue ... still debated if LW CA is viable for an uninterupted workflow

I have tred to use Xstream for an arch vis project when it came out at version 6 but the ***** took sooooooooo long to render per frame that i forgot about it and used Archvision RPC for the rest of my projects relating to archvis .... never jumped on the HD instance bandwagon tho .. not sure why ...

But for simple fills and so forth i have not had any issues with Xstream other than the render times and some inconsistencies pre version 6.5 .. i am liking version 7 atm and hope that this continues from there .. no time and patience for **** at this time ...
just like how 9.5 is operating and liking how vue is operating ...

wsantiago
11-07-2008, 06:23 PM
Exactly my point. I doubt that anyone short of a studio with unlimited resources or a person that only needs to put out one beautiful looking forest picture a month can make any money using xtream. If you are the average joe trying to meet deadlines to make a humble living this package is worthless. Their price per node for network rendering is insane on a program that depends on network rendering to have a chance at accomplishing anything. I want people out there not to believe all the praise giving to everything and anything that comes out. Most people giving this praises having made a penny using it, probably can't afford it and are just amazed using the free tryout version of xtream. I want somebody to show me a 15 second animation that they have done using lw-xtream and made money out of it. And if someone has tell me the time that it took them to make it and what resources they had at there disposal.

tonybliss
11-08-2008, 01:17 AM
aaaaa ... did you not read my post properly ..

anyway I am not marketing for e-on .. just letting people now my experience thus far and was willing to record my actually production progress as I work ...
but honestly I don't have the 4cking time to be justifying why this and why that ....
I am a professional now getting into this field full time and develping his tools and skills ,,,

I really should not be on forums and making screen grabs ... my time is real ...
uhhhggg .. I just think i am tired of everything and everyone at this time ...

Anyway to disclaim myself from the (m)asses .. I am in no way saying that YOU the end user will NOT encounter problems and discrepancies bsed on your setup software or hardware. I however in preliminary testing have encountered no problems so far and don't expect to ... if i do there are options, no true need to *****

humans ............

archijam
11-08-2008, 01:27 AM
Fair enough. Was going to make a similar post, but seems I don't need to...a pity. Thanks for the effort so far.

Anyone familiar with your old posts regarding vue would realize you are no blind supporter.

Anyway, I've seen enough to interest my boss in this. Cheers! :)

animotion
11-08-2008, 04:12 AM
Anyway, I've seen enough to interest my boss in this. Cheers! :)

Oh yea, You think your wife will really go for it. :)

Animotion

archijam
11-08-2008, 05:16 AM
Oh yea, You think your wife will really go for it. :)
Actually, I have 3 bosses (two at home and one that pays me and my software needs ;)). I should also say that the pricing scheme affects me (us) differently, as I am in no less a production environment, but in the field of education.

Actually E-on are going with an EDU subscription system, if anyone's interested: 150 per year, including .5 updates.

No, it is not! This and other things that you can do in MAX / C4D and not in LW (Newtek lack of Lightwave features/ engineering support).

I was not clear before, to quote eon:

Vue 7 xStream for 3ds Max and Cinema4D will even let you paint EcoSystems interactively (on Vue objects or on native objects), directly through the host application's viewports*.

*This feature is currently only available in 3ds Max and Cinema4D.
XSI, LightWave and Maya support is planned, but is still pending development by Softimage/Newtek/Autodesk.