PDA

View Full Version : MTSE with ENDOMORPH with EXPRESSION

john_the_blind
11-06-2008, 12:03 PM
tutorial for 4 (maybe more) mtse with endomorph

- create an empty endomorph in modeler for desire target :
Check the little box named “M” on the right bottom of layout. Then make a new morph. Ex : right_eye_open
Just select a point
Hit : Map>set Map Value and press “enter”. It will create an endomorph with no point moving. Just to have a slider in MorphMixer deformation tab

- create multi target :
Check the little box named “M” on the right bottom of layout. Then make several in between morph with a prefix to create a group (more simple for the visibility in layout;) Ex:
mtse.right_eye_open_1
mtse.right_eye_open_2
mtse.right_eye_open_3
mtse.right_eye_open_4

- apply expression :
In layout apply MorphMixer on your object, then open graph editor by hiting the button in MorphMixer panel. In the graphe ditor, the list of the different chanel appear, including the morphs. Now you have to apply the expression on each corresponding chanel :

mtse.right_eye_open_1
[object:right_eye_open]>0.25?(clamp((mapRange([object:right_eye_open],0.25,0.50,1,0)),0,1)):(clamp((mapRange([object:right_eye_open],0,0.25,0,1)),0,1))

mtse.right_eye_open_2
[object:right_eye_open]>0.50?(clamp((mapRange([object:right_eye_open],0.50,0.75,1,0)),0,1)):(clamp((mapRange([object:right_eye_open],0.25,0.50,0,1)),0,1))

mtse.right_eye_open_3
[object:right_eye_open]>0.75?(clamp((mapRange([object:right_eye_open],0.75,1,1,0)),0,1)):(clamp((mapRange([object:right_eye_open],0.50,0.75,0,1)),0,1))

mtse.right_eye_open_4
clamp((mapRange([object:right_eye_open],0.75,1,0,1)),0,1)

- explanation (but i m not sure ...) :
The “mapRange” is used to define the range which corresponding to the different endomorph target (0 to 0.25, 0.25 to 0.50, 0.50 to 0.75 and 0.75 to 1) on the control endomorph ([object:right_eye_open])
The “clamp” limite the action of control morph and each target from 0 to 1 (in case 0% to 100%) or from 100% to 0%.
The conditions function is used to apply at the good time these wonderfull and very simple explression :s

So all of these work for 4 endomorph, but if you want more you have to define more step and create more expression including new in between number
Ex : for 5 endomorph use 5 step : 0.2 – 0.4 -0.6 – 0.8 – 1
For 6 …. Uhhh …. I suggest you have to use simple number so
For 10 : 0.1 – 0.2 – 0.3 – 0.4 – 0.5 – 0.6 – 0.7 – 0.8 -0.9 – 1

That’s it… I’m sure you can hit the sky with this technique ! I know that several plug in exist but, I have a window 64, so …. This technique don’t use plug in, and work in native in all lightwave version having clamp and maprange expression :) enjoy !

I put an example scene with the post : just scrub the time ligne or move the null named control in Y axe to see what appen (take care I don’t use the same name for chanels..sorry)

ps : sorry for my english ;)