PDA

View Full Version : Save Tranformed problem

CAClark
11-06-2008, 04:14 AM
I have a vehicle model which has been frozen at a high SubD level to make it easier for LW to render, however if I oerforma save transformed, there are random verts being displaced by small amounts on the model.

These points are fine on the original model, only the save tranformed model has the issue.

Has anyone else encountered this? I am unsure if it is a problem with theoperation in Lightwave, or if there is something about the model that causes is? It renders fine in it's normal form, I'm only saving transformed in order to load it in to Hypershot for rendering.

Cheers!

CAClark
11-06-2008, 09:39 AM
Anyone?

serge
11-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Sounds strange. You've frozen the subpatched object in Modeler, and then in Layout used Save Transformed. Why don't you save the 'frozen' object in Modeler?

In any case, it sounds strange that random vertices are being displaced. Does the amount of polys stay the same? Does this happen on other objects as well? (I couldn't reproduce the problem you described, using 9.3.1.) Can you upload your model?

serge
11-06-2008, 01:38 PM
... Does the amount of polys stay the same? ...
I mean is there a difference in polycount between the saved transformed object and the frozen object in Modeler?

daforum
11-06-2008, 05:22 PM
Did you do a "merge points" after you froze the object to see if there are any stray points still on the mesh?

Save transformed may have picked these up and included them.