PDA

View Full Version : TransLux Fairplay Support

drighi
11-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Please add support for the MP70 controller for DataLink!
We can't use it right now!!

grhobe
10-04-2010, 10:21 PM
I am trying to get this to work too. Any Update?

SportsJunkie
10-17-2010, 09:47 PM
We have it working very nicely and have used both the MP-70 and the MP-72.
Supports scoreboard for types:
Baseball
Basketball
Football
Lacrosse
Soccer
Volleyball

LiveText v2.0 only using TXT templates

We got tired of waiting so we got together with Fair-Play and had the software written to solve the problem.

PM me.

grhobe
10-20-2010, 03:34 PM
Who did you talk to at Fairplay?

ACross
10-21-2010, 09:52 PM
If you contact me ([email protected]), we have a beta version of this that you can beta test for us if you want.

Andrew

psievers
11-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Anyone know if the MP-74 will work?

SportsJunkie
11-15-2010, 10:48 PM
Not familiar with the MP-74. How old is it?
MP-70 & 72 are the most current, I thought.

psievers
11-16-2010, 10:27 AM
You're absolutely right SJ... I asked the wrong guy at the arena I guess. It is the MP-72. So do I need a separate program or coding to make this work with LT2? Or Andrew, will your beta work with the MP-72?

joseburgos
11-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Adding myself to this thread so as to get all replies.

RussK
11-17-2010, 06:55 PM
Me too!

SportsJunkie
11-17-2010, 11:53 PM
You will need a MP-70 or 72.
Wired or wireless - doesn't matter.
Serial cable from MP72 to PC which is running LiveText v2.0.
(LiveText v1.x will not work)
I run the Fair Play software on the laptop that I use for LT, but you could just as easily run the FP software on another computer which can write to a shared drive that you would map on your LT machine.

Fair-Play has some new software which pushes all the scoreboard controller data to two TXT files of your choosing.
File 1 is the clock data.
File 2 is all the other data. (score, down, distance, etc.)
Save these data output files in:
C:\Program Files\NewTek\LiveText\Stats Plugins\Text Input subdirectory
Use LT v2.0 to create/edit your templates.
From w/i LT, select the Text tool.
Rt-click on your canvas and all the meta data from the controller will appear.

Call Fair-Play and ask for Roger Selesky. Tell him I sent you.

When we collaborated on this software, we simply called it MP70-to-File.EXE.
I'm sure that they are coming up with a slick marketing name, but he is the one who will be most familiar with the project.

No idea about a cost, but it helps if you buy a $150,000.00 video matrix board.

The software works with the controller, irrespective of which scoreboard you use. For that matter, were you to travel from location to location, filming games and find yourself at a stadium which does not have a Fair-Play controller, you could take your own MP7x and just use the controller to feed LT. The controller does not need to be actually connected to the scoreboard in order to work.

Here is our site which contains archives of football games we did this year, using Tricaster Pro, LiveText and a Fair-Play MP72. We also used the Tricaster to feed our streams and drive the video matrix board inside the stadium.

http://www.PlayBallYall.com/?p=5157

Hope this helps.
Pete E.
Walton High School
Marietta, GA
http://www.PlayBallYall.com

joseburgos
11-18-2010, 09:08 AM
Great info, thanks.
So when you say "take your own MP7x" you mean to keep the same title project layout and then just manually score using the MP7x controller. This way you don't have to have an alternate scoring title project for auto via the MP70-to-File.EXE or manual via the hand held controller.

SportsJunkie
11-19-2010, 01:24 PM
Jose,
I don't know if I understand your question, but he's another attempt at a suggestion.

(Assuming that most of us don't work for ESPN, etc.)

Generally, we have our "home" stadium, gym, facility pretty well mapped out (wiring, event staff, "reliable" volunteers), but when you go on the road to do a gig, sometimes you have no idea what you're going to find or "which" volunteers will actually show up. My point is that by taking your trusty FairPlay MP-72 with you, its way easier to teach someone (maybe even a volunteer) to start/stop/correct the clock and the score on the MP72 than to try and teach them how to manipulate Kris' templates if the volunteer has never used them, is not computer savvy or is scared they will screw something up.

Simply use the templates (I love Kris's templates) and have the MP72 send the data directly to LTv2.0. Then the volunteer can't screw anything up that you would have to troubleshoot during a live event.

If you are lucky enough to have the same (trained and capable) staff, event after event, then you could simply use Kris' templates and not use the MP72. Plus, the MP72 supports so many sports and has the keys mapped out accordingly. Many people are not as intimidated with the little MP72 as they are sitting down in front of a PC. If your volunteer screws up the MP72 scoreboard controller, simply "F" fade it off the Tricaster. No need to Ctrl-VT the laptop, reload LT and then have to wait to load your templates.

IMHO, this method is much quicker in a live event than the stress of running everything on the Tricaster, the LiveText laptop and the Time Warp control surface.