PDA

View Full Version : ? on pricing...

meshmaster
08-06-2003, 08:44 AM
I don't know if any of you have clicked on the link in my sig but it leads to the assets that I'm uploading to Turbosquid.... am I overpricing? I have thousands of digital camera pics that I have have been collecting for a couple of years, and haven't ever uploaded to sell anywhere until now because I never had cable internet at home until very recently. I'm trying to price them so that you can buy each individual pic or save a few bucks and buy a packet of similarly themed pics in a zip, thereby saving some if you calculate the price per image. I know that jmetal is way overpriced and I'll remedy that soon, but what about the individual price per image? What would be a good price per image? Keep in mind that TS takes 50%.

lunarcamel
08-06-2003, 10:17 AM
Usually I don't reply to these types of things but I'm going to this time :)

I would say good luck. Not trying to sound like a jerk here but I could take those types of pictures in my backyard with my Canon powershot s40.

I think if you want to have a texture collection it needs to be something unique. There are tons of sites that have great images of wood, metal, stone etc for free - and at higher resolutions.

I'd pick the best pictures you have and price them for far less - or maybe develop a CD that you could market.

Just my 2 cents - I wish you the best of luck :)