PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia Geforce4 Titanium Graphics Card Kit

redlum
08-06-2003, 08:38 AM
I've been thinking of changing my graphics card and found this on the Club Mac web site.

APPLE COMPUTER APPLE POWER MAC G4 NVIDIA GEFORCE4 TITANIUM GRAPHICS CARD KIT.

Is anyone here familiar with this card/kit and are there any pro/con issues associated with Lightwave? Thanks for your help.

specs:
Processor NVIDIA GeForce3 nFiniteFX
RAM Standard 128MB
RAM Maximum 128MB
RAM Type DDR RAM
Video, maximum resolution 2048 x 1536
@refresh rate 75Hz
OS type Apple MacOS
Software Details Driver is necesary or these computers
Interface type AGP
Linux Compatible Info Not Available
Money Back Guarantee N/A
Parts Warranty 1 year
Labor Warranty 1 year

quatermain
08-06-2003, 11:29 AM
I use it - it replaced an ati radeon 9000 pro. It was a worthy upgrade for me b/c of the radeon bugs in modeler. The gf4Ti is noticeably faster than the ati. No problems at all.

Ade
08-06-2003, 11:35 AM
It might not have ADC connection? I need that.

What price are these and are they flash rommed pc cards?

mlinde
08-06-2003, 03:38 PM
An Apple-packaged GeForce 4 Ti has an ADC and DVI connectors, the boxed kit includes a DVI to VGA converter to allow connection of VGA monitors.

BEWARE! Many GeForce 4 Ti cards on eBay don't include this converter. Read the fine print.

I'd also buy from smalldog electronics, they are a reputable apple-authorized reseller:
http://www.smalldog.com/product/41879

redlum
08-07-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by mlinde
An Apple-packaged GeForce 4 Ti has an ADC and DVI connectors, the boxed kit includes a DVI to VGA converter to allow connection of VGA monitors.

BEWARE! Many GeForce 4 Ti cards on eBay don't include this converter. Read the fine print.

I'd also buy from smalldog electronics, they are a reputable apple-authorized reseller:
http://www.smalldog.com/product/41879

Cool - thanks for the tip.

mlinde
09-21-2003, 02:23 PM
So I'm still trying to decide about the performace boost for the GeForce 4 Ti v. a GeForce 4MX. Does anyone have real-LW comparisons for these two cards? I'm currently running the MX-dual head from the QS2001 generation, and I am trying to figure out if there is a real performance boost in Layout with the Ti. For $400 I want to know if it does any better. If you've got a machine with this card, please run Julian's video card comparison (see this thread (http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11093)) and post your results.

Thanks.

redlum
09-22-2003, 08:18 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mlinde An Apple-packaged GeForce 4 Ti has an ADC and DVI connectors, the boxed kit includes a DVI to VGA converter to allow connection of VGA monitors.

BEWARE! Many GeForce 4 Ti cards on eBay don't include this converter. Read the fine print.QUOTE]

I found one of those on ebay but the fine print said it wouldn't work with my yr.2000 model so I bid on and won a GeForce 2 64 meg card. It swopped out easy as pie and works so much better than the old 32 meg ATI card. I'm so happy with the way the nVidia works that when I buy my next mac I will get it with the biggest nVidia I can afford. ATI is history in my book.