PDA

View Full Version : Water reacting to objects???

virtualcomposer
11-04-2008, 11:56 PM
I am making a scene of a satellite falling from space to the earth. Now, it's going to crash in the ocean and I need it to float on the ocean, which shouldn't be that hard to do, I don't think. The biggest thing I'm after is having the splash onto the satellite like water would in a turbulent storm. If Ozone 3 actually worked correctly, I wouldn't make it a storm. LOL Would I use nodes for the splash on object water or what? Not sure what to do. Also, it's going to be falling through a hurricane so I need a lot of cloud type volumetric for it to go through. It's going to be one continuous scene. It will go through the atmosphere so there will be the heat friction type fire. Then it will free fall through the sky until it hits the hurricane which will be a mix between NASA HD photos of a hurricane and volumetric type clouds as well. Then after this is when it goes through fog, wind and eventually hits the water. I think, personally, it's going to be very challenging to do this all in one scene but I believe it's possible.

Andrew March
11-05-2008, 12:47 AM
You're probably going to need a combination of surface maps (for the change to ocean colour, bump, etc), a displacement map (for the ripples in the water) and hypervoxels (for the actual splash and steam that would result from the impact).

virtualcomposer
11-05-2008, 09:34 AM
I also have NASA photos of hurricanes that are around 250MB so I'm sure I can consider that HD enough. LOL

Andrew March
11-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Sorry, not getting you, HD enough what?

virtualcomposer
11-05-2008, 12:33 PM
meaning it's a very detailed picture. It doesn't pixelate like a 20kb picture would.