PDA

View Full Version : Alt-left mouse button settings.

digitalrelm
11-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Hi Guys

Is there are way to change the Alt+Left mouse button rotation form track-ball to going round the Y axis like when you click the rotate button on a viewport option strip (the bar that is on the top of each viewport, someone feel free to correct me on my terminology.) With the trackball stuff it takes me three times as long to get the view to the angle I was looking for, as I am having to correct it all the time. I will end-up up-side down and at all kinds of odd angles. To be honest it is give me a headache but I don't want to keep having to go to the rotate view button.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

toby
11-04-2008, 10:24 PM
You're in Modeler I take it. Sorry, there's no way to do what you're asking. People are asking for this regularly, so maybe there will be a solution in the future.

Chilton
11-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Hi,

If you have a Mighty Mouse or (almost any) portable Mac with a trackpad, you can use the scroll wheel or the two-fingered swipe gesture to spin the viewport in the manner you are asking about.

Flip on the Enhanced Mighty Mouse Support option. It's in one of the menus in the Mac menubar (not in the LW UI directly).

-Chilton

digitalrelm
11-05-2008, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the reply's. Toby, I hope Newtek implements this feature. I am going to see if it is on the feature request board. Chilton, I was aware of the enhanced mighty mouse support but I did not know what it actually did. I don't use y mighty mouse any more. I just don't like it, I find it slow and I have difficulty clicking the buttons. At the moment I am using just a standard mouse(PCline). If you know of a good left-haned mouse that would be appreciated. I was looking at the 3d connect spacepilot but I was not sure if I would be able to control the standard mouse with my right hand as I have limited dexterity and weakness. I then found out that it dose not work with LW.

Thanks

digitalrelm
11-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Chilton could i ask are you a LW developer or tester?

Kuzey
11-05-2008, 03:03 PM
LW developer

Kuzey

yaschan
11-06-2008, 05:39 AM
Actually, this is excellent function. I didn't know it.
This alone makes me think to want to invest into new Mighty Mouse just for Lightwave work. (my earlier Mighty Mouse's track ball got jammed).