PDA

View Full Version : Vote Burrito for U.S. Lunch!

TheDynamo
11-04-2008, 02:26 PM
Good afternoon all, I'm here to promote Burrito as our next U.S. Lunch. Sandwich's policies have far too often left a mess in it's wake and it's time for a better Lunch for all. While Pizza may entice you with offers of a clean campaign, it's entire platform wouldn't exist without the Olive Oil lobby.

A vote for burrito is a vote for a full stomach!

-Rob

IMI
11-04-2008, 02:30 PM
I've heard Burrito is just a tool of the toilet paper and antacid lobby.

It may not be perfect, but I will continue to support the Ham Sandwich/Potato Chips party.

TheDynamo
11-04-2008, 04:59 PM
The link between the antacid lobby is shoddy at best. After all Pizza and Sandwich have also been spotted taking offers from them.

IMI
11-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Burrito will raise cholesterol for as much as 50% of the population, and Pizza, maybe as much as 75%!

Sandwich has vowed to never do so, and many people will see their cholesterol lowered.

A vote for Burrito or Pizza is a vote for Early Death!

Jim_C
11-04-2008, 05:18 PM
Racist!

danielkaiser
11-04-2008, 05:21 PM
I like meat!

TheDynamo
11-04-2008, 05:28 PM
And what of the fundamental bacon movement? Their involvement in Sandwiches' rise to popularity cannot be ignored. With them in charge, cholesterol is doomed to rise!

Burrito, has a Black Bean option that's sure to drive down the Cholesterol. With a reduced intestine transit, it's sure to clear the backlog clogging our systems!

Vote Burrito!

Jim_C
11-04-2008, 05:29 PM
I would like to see Burrito's birth certificate!

Stooch
11-04-2008, 05:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExaXN2JpccA

Dennik
11-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Burrito gives me nasty gas. Not that I mind, but my wife does.

ted
11-04-2008, 05:42 PM
A vote for Burrito or Pizza is a vote for Early Death!

I'd rather die with a smile than live a life with no Pizza! :D

IMI
11-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Fine!
All of you - go Pizza, go Burrito, go Nachos 'n' Cheese for all I care!

But before you do, consider this:
Was that a pizza or a burrito there with you on that picnic?
Is a pizza or a burrito there for you in the middle of the night when you need a quick snack with no fuss?
Will a pizza or a burrito fit into your kid's lunchbox?
Can you bag a pizza or a burrito and take it to work?

I think not!

It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, "Pizza! Pizza!" -- but there is no pizza.
And the next burrito that sweeps from the Taco Bell will bring to our ears the clash of resounding bowels!
Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? Sandwich, that's what!
What would they have? Sandwich!
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of the chains and slavery of Pizza and Burrito?

Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Sandwich, or give me death!

Jim_C
11-04-2008, 06:08 PM
Sandwich is crusty and old and choose spicy bologne as his running mate just to shake up and stir the mustard base.

IMI
11-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Proof that God prefers a sandwich:

And in those days the wickedness of men was rampant; the wayward and undisciplined cheese and beans their idols. As the meat between the bread sitteth upon solid ground, so shall he who partaketh thereof.

-Isaiah 67:15

Amen.

danielkaiser
11-04-2008, 09:50 PM
I like meat!

digefxgrp
11-04-2008, 09:58 PM
None of the above. It's a Chicken and Steak Bento for me. Especially when it's grilled outdoors like they do at Phil's Meat Market on 22nd and Burnside.:boogiedow

TheDynamo
11-05-2008, 09:47 AM
Gotta try that :) Cha Cha Cha's been the place of note for me for a while.

-Rob

Nangleator
11-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Where's the beef?

Besides that, here's this guy named Joe the Deli Guy who I don't know and have never heard of before, and he's got this question I know you won't be able to answer, Mr. Burrito Man!

Oh, wait. You answered it perfectly. But I'll pretend you fell for my trap, anyway!

mosconariz
11-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Burrito? tex mex food sucks...

Better eat some lettuce and broccoli and stop being the fatest beings in this poor blue sphere :D

TheDynamo
11-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Better eat some lettuce and broccoli and stop being the fatest beings in this poor blue sphere

Oh dear, imagine what would happen if they somehow combined a burrito with broccoli and lettuce. No bathroom would be safe :) :eek:

What passes for a burrito here is better described as a carbo bomb. The best ones have black beans, lean meat, TONS of pico and just a hint of cheese. I'll have to try adding chopped broccoli to it sometime.

Now that's a burrito I would vote for.

mosconariz
11-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Hahahaha, it's sounds tasty!

Pizza still is better anytime, anyplace, and for lunch, sandwich is still a winner

wp_capozzi
11-06-2008, 12:35 AM
If there were a pizza burrito sandwich, I would vote for it. Especially if it came with a nice amber lager.

Titus
11-06-2008, 06:47 AM
Burrito isn't even American, it's an illegal immigrant. If I have the chance to vote, my vote is for jambalaya.

IMI
11-06-2008, 06:57 AM
Sandwich RULES!

And it is VERY American. Well, if you can get past the part about it having been invented in Europe or somewhere else, that is. ;)

Nangleator
11-06-2008, 07:14 AM
Yeah, it was invented by Earl somebody from Sandwich, MA, right?

IMI
11-06-2008, 07:45 AM
Urban legend, I think:

Earl of Sandwich (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jemmy_Twitcher)

There's no way it took humanity 10,000 years to come up with the sandwich idea. Some bored kid probably invented it in 4,000 BC. ;)

IMI
11-15-2008, 11:30 AM
I see Sandwich won.
U-rah!
Let that be a lesson to all you other "lunches" out there - you have no chance against Sandwich. ;)

Red_Oddity
11-19-2008, 09:28 AM
Earl Sandwich didn't invent the sandwich, he just liked 'm because it made sure he could keep playing cards without getting grease on them.
The dutch have been doing sandwhiches for a very long time, and as far as i remember they even ate them in the middle east long before that.

Sandwiches rule indeed, so much possibilites with 'm.

akademus
11-20-2008, 01:37 PM
I vote for Subway sandwiches! I just love to throw all kinds of stuff inside, meatballs and bacon to set an example :D

Elmar Moelzer
11-20-2008, 01:44 PM
I vote for the Texan steak (yes Texan, thats where I had the best steak evar!).
Its either that or the Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich for me (if I have to pick one of the 3 above ;))!
He who can eat steak every time of the day, breakfast, lunch and dinner...

TheDynamo
11-21-2008, 11:16 AM
Not to have anyone forget...

Steak is a common ingredient in the hearty burrito!

IMI
11-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Not to have anyone forget...

Steak is a common ingredient in the hearty burrito!

Sure, Steak is in Burrito. No question about that, and the decision of Burrito to include Steak was one of Burrito's best ideas, and will stand the test of time.

But have you ever heard of a bacon, lettuce and tomato burrito? How about a ham and swiss burrito? Tuna and swiss for that matter?

Have you ever sat down at the kitchen table with your kids to make peanut butter and jelly burritos? Grilled cheese burritos?

Is the guy in the Miracle Whip commercial tossing everything back in the fridge because he couldn't make a burrito in the middle of the night?

And the list goes on and on.

Have you ever heard of a Dagwood Burrito? No, but everyone's heard of a Dagwood Sandwich.

I rest my case. Sandwich it is.

Stooch
11-21-2008, 03:46 PM
mmm roast beef tacos.

Andyjaggy
11-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Someone should revive the recipe thread. I enjoyed that one.

TheDynamo
11-24-2008, 11:28 AM
BENTO!

Rice, your choice of meat or tofu and veggies.

While sandwich wins the election, never forget that it's not a 3 foodgroup system :)

-Rob

Nangleator
11-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Maybe next election we can get a nice curry dish to run. I'd vote for Chicken Vindaloo. I particularly like his stance on aromatics not breaking down in my digestive tract.

geothefaust
11-24-2008, 12:46 PM
BENTO!

Rice, your choice of meat or tofu and veggies.

While sandwich wins the election, never forget that it's not a 3 foodgroup system :)

-Rob

Man I'm with you there. I prefer rice or noodles. Bento or Vietnamese soups.

Marvin Miller
11-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Have you ever heard of a Dagwood Burrito? No, but everyone's heard of a Dagwood Sandwich.

I'm not choosing sides, as I'm still undecided, but the Super Monster burrito at Freebirds is a match for a Dagwood sandwich.

My particular favorite version of it is rice, refried beans, mixed cheese, steak and barbeque sauce. 5+ lbs of burrito goodness. (It takes me at least 2 sittings to finish one, it was great when I was a poor college student.)

IMI
11-24-2008, 01:06 PM
FIVE pounds? You gotta be kidding me! That's huge!
Jeez, and I thought I was bad. I cook hamburgers on the grill fairly often. My wife buys these big 5 pound packs of ground beef and makes a bunch of patties, but I always smash a few of them together so I can at least get one "superburger" for myself - probably weighs a pound. Drives her nuts seeing me eat it.
I could definitely go for one of those five pound burritos though, now that you got me thinking about it. ;)